Location sensor oil

laur

A few month ago i have observed that temperature of oil was not available anymore. In dash computer is set on and change oil interval is set fix. And now is the same.

I think is something wrong with the sensor. How can i see the sensor? Where is his location?

7 hours ago, Tech1e said:

If the service interval has been set to fixed it turns the oil quality sensor off, it needs to be reactivated manually with diagnostics.

So if the service interval is set to fixed the oil temperature will not be displayed on the Maxidot?
I find that hard to believe.

1 hour ago, Urrell said:

So if the service interval is set to fixed the oil temperature will not be displayed on the Maxidot?
I find that hard to believe.

QG0 service interval is without oil monitoring. The sensor isn’t required as it’s not on long life. So the sensor is disconnected.

QG1 long life servicing requires the oil sensor for oil monitoring so it’s connected. 

it depends on how it was set to fixed from variable. If it’s done by dealer equipment a step is added into the test plan on ODIS to reconnect the oil level sensor (or you set to QG2, extended with oil monitoring). 

if you do it with VCDS then you need to select it manually.