Furby VRS 6 CD Changer problems

J999VRS

I have had my furby VRS for some weeks now and I am very pleased with it. One fault that hasn't been rectified is the non working 6 CD changer under the passenger seat. This is a factory fitted option. It was discovered that there was no loom connected to it so this was ordered and fitted. Didn't sort it? The CD changer was replaced, this didn't sort it either?!!!! On examining the rear of the 'Syphony' head unit, the loom plug can be seen for the CD changer but quite where it goes to is apparently a mystery? One thing is for sure the other end of the CD loom does not reach the CD changer!!

Swan Garage at Chichester at doing a lot of head scratching at the moment and sending technical bulletins to Skoda for advice. The car has been back in to the garage four times in four weeks. NOT GOOD. Has anyone any ideas or experience of something similar? It has occurred to me to check under the drivers seat just in case the loom ends up there. This could be the case if the car was originally going to be a left hooker for the foreign market?

Check the diagram on this page, it shows where the cd changer is connected. I assume you have the Blue connector on the end of the cable.

Something else to check.

Does the changer get power, you should be able to eject the magazine even if the hu is not recognising the unit.

You may also need to code the radio with the VAG diag tool to recognise the presence of the cd changer.

Thankyou for the replies.

The magazine can be ejected with the new loom fitted and if the volume is turned right up, the scratching sound of a signal is just about audible but it's certainly not 'music'. I wasn't aware that a head unit may need re-coding in order to recognise the changer. Swan Garage at Chichester may not be either as the technician dealing with this problem has recently transfered from Renault and by his own admission, is not completely familiar with VAG products just yet.

I cant recall what colour the plug at the rear or the HU was as i only saw it briefly when the tecnician was trying to explain the difficulties. I dont have the special tools for removing the HU either but I have asked for some for future use.

'Manny' that wiring info looks very useful. Make sure it can be accessed by others on this site for future reference. I shall return to the dealer armed with your suggestions in the hope that they can fix this problem at last?

Thanks again.

Not got this particular problem with mine myself, I sometimes have to eject the magazine to get it to recognise the disks in it though (just sits saying playing CD1 track _ until I do) then all works well, will get it checked when it goes in for it's first service.

I'm actually really pleased with performace of the multi changer under the seat, thought it may have a tendancy to skip, but all works well.

Must think about getting the speakers sorted though.....

• 2 months later...

if you can advance tracks and such it really 'sees' the changer too, I think things are wrong with the wire audio (if it's a seperate one) of maybe that part of the wire is just cut...

I'm guessing here and I'm a total newb to this but that seems to be logical.