1.5 TSİ VİBRATİON

Hello , ı have 2019 1.5 TSİ OCTAVİA SPORT DSG and   after   some thousand  kilometers  vibration (kangaroo effect) and ı checked already forums but ı didnt get eneogh ınformation  so anyone have any news about that vibration problem,is it solved ?any solution ?

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to post on this very subject...... not for the Octavia but for the new Fabia which will be out next year and the press say will be available with this engine...... so i went on Google and from the Honest John website found a number of very unhappy owners of this engine saying exactly what you are experiencing.

As said i currently have a Fabia and am looking at the new Mk IV one which looks very nice, i did like the idea of a more powerful petrol engine but this issue has come up since the engine was introduced and it appears that the various VAG manufactures have issued software fixes with some saying it has cured it to others saying it has not...... very worrying.

Head over to the website i mentioned and it will be an interesting read (although not that enjoyable).

@Hudson1

Where are you seeing in the press that mk4 Fabia will have a 1.5 TSI engine as a choice?

The articles say 'expect to see it with a 3 cylinder engine with or without a turbocharging. Manual and DSG transmissions are on the menu, while a hybrid powertrain has allegedly been ruled out'.

No mention of 4 cylinder engines or ACT.    As it is 1.0 tsi & 1.5 tsi are going mild hybrid if they have a DSG, so odd that a Fabia could get low enough emissions with a 1.0TSI DSG without being a mild hybrid.

20 hours ago, Hudson1 said:

I was just about to post on this very subject...... not for the Octavia but for the new Fabia which will be out next year and the press say will be available with this engine...... so i went on Google and from the Honest John website found a number of very unhappy owners of this engine saying exactly what you are experiencing.

As said i currently have a Fabia and am looking at the new Mk IV one which looks very nice, i did like the idea of a more powerful petrol engine but this issue has come up since the engine was introduced and it appears that the various VAG manufactures have issued software fixes with some saying it has cured it to others saying it has not...... very worrying.

Head over to the website i mentioned and it will be an interesting read (although not that enjoyable).

hey almost 17 months ago ı bought that car first hand, yea that vibration is annoying but  ı fixed problem with music put volume up  , than fixed :D TSİ engine is realy so powerfull engine like  ıt has  very less  fuel consumption my record is 4.1l at 35km and when u want to drive fast put on sport and have fun, engine realy work well and resistant ı think they will fix it on next generation vag cars  

20 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@Hudson1

Where are you seeing in the press that mk4 Fabia will have a 1.5 TSI engine as a choice?

The articles say 'expect to see it with a 3 cylinder engine with or without a turbocharging. Manual and DSG transmissions are on the menu, while a hybrid powertrain has allegedly been ruled out'.

No mention of 4 cylinder engines or ACT.    As it is 1.0 tsi & 1.5 tsi are going mild hybrid if they have a DSG, so odd that a Fabia could get low enough emissions with a 1.0TSI DSG without being a mild hybrid.

Hi,

It was in this article...... not totally in stone but i read it that it was likely to feature.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/108591/new-skoda-fabia-spied-volkswagen-polo-disguise-ahead-2021-debut

''Under the bonnet, the Fabia will probably drop the current car’s weakest MPI engine, in the UK at least, along with the 1.2-litre TSI. Instead, the core of the range will be powered by 1.0-litre TSI units with a choice of 94bhp or 114bhp. 

A 148bhp 1.5-litre TSI with cylinder deactivation is also likely to feature – and it’s equally conceivable that higher-end Fabias might get mild-hybrid tech from the VW Group as this filters down from family cars such as the VW Golf and new Octavia.''

• Thanks 1

This is strange, as I on our forum all first adopters of 1.5 TSI have been fixed kangooring via software update, and a new members with recently bought cars (Kodiaq, Karoq and Kamiq) have never experienced so.

Believe me, first ones were so angry. I don't think they would put the gloves down on this issue if it wasn't really resolved for them.

If it is still happening on new cars with this engine then that is very concerning...... with Skoda saying nothing is amiss it is starting to sound like the oil consumption issue with the MK2 Fabia VRS..... and we all know where that led !!!!

Are we talking about kangarooing or vibration due to ACT? These are two separate issues. The kangarooing is supposed to have been fixed by a software update, the vibration is just a characteristic of ACT, which apparently doesn't bother many people.