Octavia Mk IV - Any experience with Octavia IV Hybrid?

2 hours ago, Hudson1 said:

I have just thought, is your car LHD ? Is the charging port on the drivers side...... if so then in the UK it will of course be on the right hand side.

When your are driving the car can it be used in pure electric up to any speed or above a certain speed does it switch to petrol ??

Yeah my is LHD and port is on left. I don't know is the port fixed or is it on the right side in RHD. Pure electric is up to 130 km/h 

42 minutes ago, sirjuan said:

@Funchameleon Now it is winter time, so I presume you have winter wheels mounted? What size of rim do you have? I have a couple of 16" Skoda original winter wheels on my Skoda Octavia 3, so I am just wondering if they would work on the iV as well...?

Yeah. I have 17" for winter and 18" for summer. 17" is smallest that fits in the iV model because of the bigger front discs and brakes

1 hour ago, sirjuan said:

@Funchameleon Now it is winter time, so I presume you have winter wheels mounted? What size of rim do you have? I have a couple of 16" Skoda original winter wheels on my Skoda Octavia 3, so I am just wondering if they would work on the iV as well...?

If the IV front disc is maximum 312mm it should work with 16" 

1 hour ago, Nissen82 said:

If the IV front disc is maximum 312mm it should work with 16" 

I can check the size but it leaves about 2cm of space from brake caliber to rim with these 17". Hard to see exactly coz of my rims. 

But i remember the dealer saying that about the rims because i was thinking the same thing. 

On 16/12/2020 at 14:41, Funchameleon said:

Here's mine 

IMG_20201212_112757.jpg

Can I ask if the charge cables were provided? I have the VRS iV on order but the website doesn't say if the cables are provided ad the dealer didn't 100% know either.

Cheers

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kenfold said:

Can I ask if the charge cables were provided? I have the VRS iV on order but the website doesn't say if the cables are provided ad the dealer didn't 100% know either.

Cheers

Mine came with type 2 - type 2 cable and with travel charger. Travel charger is used from normal electricity outlets and is rated at 8amps so it takes about 6h 30min from 0 to 100 charge in temps up from 10 celsius. If its colder it will take more time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kenfold said:

Cheers

My IV was provided with both Type2 and one for normal household socket (Denmark).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Funchameleon said:

Mine came with type 2 - type 2 cable and with travel charger. Travel charger is used from normal electricity outlets and is rated at 8amps so it takes about 6h 30min from 0 to 100 charge in temps up from 10 celsius. If its colder it will take more time. 

11 hours ago, Martin3400 said:

My IV was provided with both Type2 and one for normal household socket (Denmark).

Thanks for the reply, will see what arrives on the day :D

13 hours ago, Kenfold said:

I can add, that it takes ~10,5  hrs  (0-5 degrees C) to charge empty battery to full using the household socket (16ampt / 220V), but I believe this setup is limited to roughly 2000Watt. I am still awaiting installation of wallbox installation :(

Thanks for the reply, will see what arrives on the day :D

On 02/01/2021 at 00:00, Kenfold said:

Cheers

When are they delivering the car? What spec have you gone for? I’ve been thinking for a bit that the iV is the car for me, am I right in thinking that it’s a Zero vehicle duty car with the low (26 kg/m3) emissions?
The only problem is that when I add DCC, Velvet Red paint and Simply Clever pack as the options on the configurator I get to a recommended On The Road price of £39,156. A huge amount of money to me. I have a trade in vRS Octavia DSG estate, but will need to finance a good deal of the rest of that price. I’m hoping for a decent discount from Motorfinity on a Blue Light/ Forces scheme!

Skoda Octavia vRS iV Estimate

Edited by Pilotguy
Remove broken link

• 2 months later...

1852km driven from the last tank fill up. Still one quarter tank left. I recon over 2000km with one tank 👍🏻. And this is winter time here in Finland so the consumption will be even better at summer. 

With my electricity prices 2000km is about 50€ with average of 21kWh\100km and the full tank cost about 55€ so not bad. Screenshot_20210325-170456_MyKODA.thumb.jpg.f95fef0b0003e7e309d5ac330ae20348.jpg