Goodbye L&K

Danny 57

Just sold my car after more than 8 1/2 years. Would not have sold if I didn’t have to due medical reasons as I can not drive a manual anymore. 
Very sad to see it go but the new owner is very happy.  It was in extremely good condition with a full FMSH and at 99350 still on original disc’s and pads as I had always used the engine to do most of the braking. 60 mpg regularly achieved with 70 plus at times. All this was to work and back while on holiday to Scotland, Kent and Surrey at 70-80 and still got near 50mpg. 
Anyway gone now so need to wait until the hybrid Bear comes out. 

• Like 2

Quite the contrary, the discs were not scored and had lots of “meat” on them as did the discs.

As I said above if you anticipate and use the engine to brake then you hardly touch the brakes.

I had a free mot just before I sold it as the garage got the mileage wrong on the mot in April and they commented on the discs and pads still having a lot of life left in them.

Edited by Danny 57

It's sad to see you moving on from the Superb as I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years. I got my Greenline II Elegance within weeks of your L&K.

Just in case you are wondering how long the brakes might have eventually lasted for, my rear discs and pads made it to 200,000 miles before they wore out. The fronts made it to 96,000 miles but only required changing due to heavy corrosion - the Skoda main dealer said they weren't anywhere near worn out otherwise. The front replacements only made it another 100,000 miles before wearing out so quality standards must be slipping :D

Remarkably, the only obvious sign of it having aged cosmetically is some mild stone chips to the bonnet. The doors have zero dings or scratches, the paint still shines and the interior has shown wear only to the floor mats - which I replaced.

Don't forget to pop in and say hello from time to time :)

Kind of you.

My bonnet had lots of small stone chips, which I treated all as soon as they appeared with paint and lacquer and two dings, one while on my driveway on the front right wing. I knew all that would put people off so agreed a deal to have the bonnet, wing and the other wing feathered in for £400 cash. They did an excellent job of it. 
I will be hanging around as I won’t to see how the Kodiaq hybrid is before making a decision as we will need something that will accommodate  an electric scooter as I am now disabled after a motorbike accident. At the moment there is the wife’s Mokka  X 1.4 auto. 😗 It serves a purpose. 😄