NEW MYSKODA APP - DEC 2020

Linzifc

Greetings,

Further to my earlier post (11 posts above this on) I have received another reply from a high(ish) ranking UK manager.

With regard to the app being poor:

"The MYSKODA App is now one application which has been made from merging the following applications together MY SKODA, SKODA ONE and SKODA CONNECT. The application has been released to the public domain however is still in the process of full development by the factory at this moment in time which means that not all functionalities are presently available for use."

That explains that then.

With regard to issue where the car shown in the app is a different spec to what it really is:

"The trim level showing ambition instead of SE: this has been confirmed that the App has been made as a global app, not just for UK spec. The reason that the app shows your car as an ambition trim is because this is the European variant of the vehicle. I can assure you our UK records all show your vehicle as an SE, however the app will always show as ambition."

That makes that OK then

Wth regard to the Digital Service History:

"Digital Service History will become available in time, however are still being developed and tested, we do not have a time-scale for this as this is being under taken at factory level and there are many aspects for them to cover to enable this to happen."

Hmm,

I was going to make a sarcastic but witty comment about VAG being the largest car manufacturer in the World having created yet another software blunder, the first of which cost them a penny or two, but I don't think I will.

AndyW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have noticed that when the MySkoda app either doesn't recognise my car anymore or just stops working, that the App has a new update. This happened again this morning, I uninstalled version 3.7.2, went to playstore and downloaded version 3.7.3, all working again now. There seems to be no notification when a new version is available!!

2 hours ago, Neilcar59 said:

I have noticed that when the MySkoda app either doesn't recognise my car anymore or just stops working, that the App has a new update. This happened again this morning, I uninstalled version 3.7.2, went to playstore and downloaded version 3.7.3, all working again now. There seems to be no notification when a new version is available!!

I assume you have an Android device and are downloading from Googles play store.....I have just checked on Apples App store and it is still version 3.7.0 which seems to be working fine for me.