Fitting a front ARB.

phazed

i seem to remember in the dim and distant past someone did replace their front ARB by loosening the subframe 2 front bolts then undoing and removing the 2 rear

subframe bolts (supporting the frame with a trolly jack) and carefully lowered the frame the same amount as the new ARB diameter.

I believe the standard one is 19mm diameter, and  presume you are fitting a Golf R32 ARB (dia 23mm).

f you do the above and together with fitting a 28mm Neuspeed rear ARB it should be well planted on the road.

I also would suggest when doing this you also replace the 2 ARB link arms with new ones ( there will be extra strain on linking arm ball joints).

Finally get a 4 wheel tracking done (to keep all 4 wheels inline unless you are very careful when bolting up the frame).

Edited by Silver Bullet

Just seen this.

Thank you for your comments. Most useful.

I am in the process of trying to source a thicker front anti roll bar and hopefully will know a bit more information tomorrow. COVID doesn’t help!

I am fortunate enough to have a two post lift in my garage so it is relatively a piece of cake! If I can’t get hold of a new anti-rollbar then I will put the subframe back which is removed at the moment with the existing original anti roll bar and replace it at some point in the future.