H7 bulbs. What is difference between 499 and 477 types?

from a 15second google i found this -

myglaren wrote:Anyone know the difference between 477 and 499? (Apart from 22 :roll: )

Apparently it's some old British standard (related to the packaging, not the bulb itself), 477 and 499 are both identical H7.

personally i have liked Osram Nightbreakers the last few yrs, though i currently have a set of philips extremes in. havnt gotten to see what they are like for proper night driving yet though. historically from experience around this forum the Osrams tended to have better life than the ohilips, though the guy in the parts shop assured me the newer philips ones have improved a lot. . they better given the higher price!

Thanks mac11irl. That's sorted that out for me. Thanks for the advice on the respective merits of the different manufacturers.

• Like 1