Engine Management Light

Dogtanian1234

Wondering if anyone has had this issue before with their 1.6TDI diesel Rapid or can help please?

The engine management light has come on the dash but hasnt went into "limp mode" and there is no performance issues. The AA managed to clear the fault but it's now come on again after 20mins. The mechanic was unsure what the fault could be and suggested I take the car to a garage. I had my EGR valve only replaced a year ago so dont know if its related.

The fault code on his terminal is this if it helps.

fault code/s:System : Engine control - 7C3 / Diesel EDC Simos PCR 2 Status :P242500 - EGR cooling switching valve. Error Message : Open circuit. Sporadic fault 

Edited by Dogtanian1234

It's quite likely the EGR valve is sticking again.

If it was replaced at a Skoda dealer, I think you have a 2 year warranty on the part.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

**UPDATE**

Managed to get this fixed and engine management light has went out on the dash. The problem was the solenoid valve, in slot 2 the earth wasn't getting a good enough connection to complete the circuit and was slightly out the hole. I pushed this in all the way in and problem solved. 

If anybody gets the same fault I'd check the connections first and if that doesn't work try replacing the solenoid valve completely, only costs about £20 to get a replacement.

20210406_115118.jpg

20210405_141648.jpg

Edited by Dogtanian1234