Primary user wont activate

Alecpugh

I picked up my new 70 plate kamiq yesterday and was really excited. But once I tried to activate primary user it wouldn't activate. I have followed all the step by step instructions and watched the video but still won't activate. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to resolve this please. As I am very disappointed and can't used the services. I have contacted customer support but waiting on a technician to contact me.

There  was an update for the scala and Kamiq between 8am and 8pm on the 26th January. For the update to work turn ignition on don't start the engine don't press the clutch pedal. Keep ignition on for 1 minute then turn off. Start as normal update done. That's probably why you couldn't register 

Edited by skoda1982

5 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

For the update to work turn ignition on don't start the engine don't press the clutch pedal. Keep ignition on for 1 minute then turn off.

It's not an issue for me, just something that's gone through my mind now and again. What is the equivalent condition in my car with 'limited' KESSY i.e. ignition on but not started? Foot on the brake pedal but not pressed the start button?

2 hours ago, longedge said:

It's not an issue for me, just something that's gone through my mind now and again. What is the equivalent condition in my car with 'limited' KESSY i.e. ignition on but not started? Foot on the brake pedal but not pressed the start button?

Just press start without pressing down the brake or the clutch. I also had problems with Connect so i dont simply use it😛

16 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

So you have registered with Skoda-connect.com 

Thanks for your reply yes I have registered and I have my profile active on the car but won't let me activate primary user 

Dear ŠKODA Connect User,
http://content.xcampaign.ch/gallery/3ZsaeGEG1BQwQuKQGF/1-1.gif
ŠKODA Auto is constantly improving and simplifying our services. We would like to inform you about a planned maintenance which will cause the unavailability of ŠKODA Connect services for Scala or Kamiq model lines starting from 20.00 26th January to 8.00 27th January.

To have all your data updated (in App and Portal) after the maintenance is completed, you will need to switch on the ignition of your vehicle for at least one minute, and then switch it off.

We would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience caused by this temporary outage. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for being a valued ŠKODA Connect user.

ŠKODA Connect Team

I'm going to have to send the car back to dealer as I have tried everything that's been suggested and nothing works. Think skoda should of resolved the issues before changing the system from inputting a code to the new key activation. I have had new skodas every 3 years for the past 6 years and had no problems. But I get my 3rd skoda and have problems.

I have a profile but to use all the other features like road side assistant and the honk and flash and few other features it says you need to be a primary user which won't activate as it says all the features are blocked and need to renew license. But I have a new license when I brought the car I paid for a year but like I say you need to be a primary user to activate it

The 'enhanced features' have to be activated by the dealer. They say you need to go in to the dealership together with ID for them to do it. I believe that the emergency call facility is something that is active from the outset without further input from the dealer.

18 hours ago, Alecpugh said:

I have a profile but to use all the other features like road side assistant and the honk and flash and few other features it says you need to be a primary user which won't activate as it says all the features are blocked and need to renew license. But I have a new license when I brought the car I paid for a year but like I say you need to be a primary user to activate it

Honk and flash unlocking door's the door's feature has to be setup by skoda dealer your driving licence is needed are done by Myskoda app. Have you gone into user's in settings. Was you the first owner from new. If not someone else could have registered with skoda-connect.com in which case you will have to pay for a new licence . All else fails all Skoda dealers now have tech people just for setting up connect 

the dealers have said the Primary user needs to be activated first before they can activate the advanced features. im getting so frustrated with this now the dealers dont know how to sort it and skoda connect dont know how to sort it. All they have said is go back to dealers and te dealers say go to skoda connect. I have had such bad customer service this time round i have spent over £30.000 on this car spicifically for its features and i have this problem from the day i picked the car up. 

9 hours ago, Alecpugh said:

I have had such bad customer service this time round i have spent over £30.000 on this car spicifically for its features and i have this problem from the day i picked the car up. 

If that’s true, that you paid £30k specifically for Skoda Connect/ My Skoda app features, then I’d hand it back. On the odd occasions  when Skoda Connect works it has no redeeming features unless honking your horn and flashing your lights remotely floats your boat. To think that Skoda used to charge £100 PA fee to use this flawed app is beyond belief, it’s not even worth being free.

Mine works all the time never had a problem first year was free then I paid £44 for  connect so maps and software can update and use real-time traffic. Laura online but did not renew myskoda £33 don't see the point in locking and unlocking the car remotely. honk and flash so you can find it in a carpark. user manual 

8 minutes ago, Alecpugh said:

How did you do it?

LOL !  Not a clue really ?

Got my son to help !  He is 20 and I’d say very computer literate.  Basically followed through the instructions, but it did take a couple of goes.  Needed both keys, VIN, load of pushing of buttons, ignition on and patience.

5 minutes ago, Northam said:

LOL !  Not a clue really ?

Got my son to help !  He is 20 and I’d say very computer literate.  Basically followed through the instructions, but it did take a couple of goes.  Needed both keys, VIN, load of pushing of buttons, ignition on and patience.

Just I have tried everything from creating a new user, resetting back to factory, creating an account actually through the car and nothing. I have my profile just can't get the primary user to activate. Skoda dealer have finally said they will get a technician to sort it but its not until the 19th 

18 minutes ago, Alecpugh said:

How did you do it?

Do t know if this helps or has any part in getting it going.  But, I logged on to the app indoors and went up to the part where it wanted to connect to the car.  Don’t know, but could it be if the mobile is already synced to the car there being some sort of protocol that doesn’t like trying to log on to the app while the car is connected ?  Don’t know, just an idea.  Certainly the only thing I did differently after several sole in car attempts

1 minute ago, Alecpugh said:

Just I have tried everything from creating a new user, resetting back to factory, creating an account actually through the car and nothing. I have my profile just can't get the primary user to activate. Skoda dealer have finally said they will get a technician to sort it but its not until the 19th 

It’s a bit frustrating I know, you’d expect a little better.

22 minutes ago, Northam said:

Do t know if this helps or has any part in getting it going.  But, I logged on to the app indoors and went up to the part where it wanted to connect to the car.  Don’t know, but could it be if the mobile is already synced to the car there being some sort of protocol that doesn’t like trying to log on to the app while the car is connected ?  Don’t know, just an idea.  Certainly the only thing I did differently after several sole in car attempts

I did just try what you said but still no luck with it 😕 they certainly haven't made it easy. If anyone else has any tips I would be really appreciated 

Skoda connect spoke to me with an update saying the Manufacturers want video evidence of me accepting the terms and conditions of the package I have for the car. They also said to delete my account and reset the car to factory settings. Then start from scratch recording me activating the primary user. To which it still came up with try again or contact customer services. 3 weeks I have had the car and still can't activate primary user. I'm guessing the head unit must be faulty and needs replacing

20210127_203042.jpg

20210127_203107.jpg