Primary user wont activate

Alecpugh

1 minute ago, Northam said:

I didn’t get that come up !

Did think there was an issue earlier today, but switching the engine on and going to users and setting primary made it work.

Ye I have tried different ways nearly every day for 3 weeks and still can't get it to work. No one seems to know what's wrong with it I have even tried using my hotspot for Internet instead of using the cars Internet incase it was a connectivity issue but no that made no difference 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

I had the manufacturers get intouch 2 days ago saying that they are going to do remote diagnostics on my infotainment system to see why my primary user wont activate. They reset everything and said it should work now. I tried again to activate primary user and still getting the same message. They don't understand why its not activating they can see i have done everything right. But for some reason the car is blocking the activation and dont understand why. They know the car is booked in for the 19th at my dealer. They said if the dealer can't get it to activate then I can have a new car.

UPDATE!

My skoda kamiq finally went back to the dealer today for them to look at why my primary user wont activate. They did some tests and set up 2 dummy accounts to make sure its nothing I'm doing wrong and it's not my accounts causing the problems. Few hours later they phoned saying they are having the same issue and that it's nothing I'm doing wrong and that they will do some more testing. Couple of hours later they phoned with an update saying that they are going to have to replace the head unit and that I can keep the curtesy car till Monday. At about 4.55pm I had an email from skoda connect saying congratulations my car has now been activated for connect services 🙌 what a relief but they aren't open now till Monday so will have to wait till then to get my car back. Its been a long batter the past month and a half. My advice to anyone that encounters same issue is to go straight to your dealer as I wish I did as it was resolved in 7 hours. Thanks to everyone who tried to help I will definitely be staying on here. Will post a new thread on what I think about the new trafication app that's just been released for skoda 

On 19/02/2021 at 23:40, Alecpugh said:

UPDATE!

My skoda kamiq finally went back to the dealer today for them to look at why my primary user wont activate. They did some tests and set up 2 dummy accounts to make sure its nothing I'm doing wrong and it's not my accounts causing the problems. Few hours later they phoned saying they are having the same issue and that it's nothing I'm doing wrong and that they will do some more testing. Couple of hours later they phoned with an update saying that they are going to have to replace the head unit and that I can keep the curtesy car till Monday. At about 4.55pm I had an email from skoda connect saying congratulations my car has now been activated for connect services 🙌 what a relief but they aren't open now till Monday so will have to wait till then to get my car back. Its been a long batter the past month and a half. My advice to anyone that encounters same issue is to go straight to your dealer as I wish I did as it was resolved in 7 hours. Thanks to everyone who tried to help I will definitely be staying on here. Will post a new thread on what I think about the new trafication app that's just been released for skoda 

Hi 'Alecpugh', Is your Kamiq all sorted now when you went to collect your car on Monday? Did you dealer have to resort to changing the head unit as you mentioned or did they resolve it another way?

My reason for asking is that I am in exactly the same position as you were with my wife's brand new Kamiq which we took delivery of at the end of January 21. I am currently waiting on Skoda Customer services to get back to me after providing screenshots of how I was try to activate the Primary User'. I have chased Customer Services up and was told the issue has been referred to 'ŠKODA Connect Technical Team'.

Mark

2 hours ago, Markjp said:

Hi 'Alecpugh', Is your Kamiq all sorted now when you went to collect your car on Monday? Did you dealer have to resort to changing the head unit as you mentioned or did they resolve it another way?

My reason for asking is that I am in exactly the same position as you were with my wife's brand new Kamiq which we took delivery of at the end of January 21. I am currently waiting on Skoda Customer services to get back to me after providing screenshots of how I was try to activate the Primary User'. I have chased Customer Services up and was told the issue has been referred to 'ŠKODA Connect Technical Team'.

Mark

I had same issue on my seat arona,  there is a fix that was applied,  it's a minor two sec plug into computer and it will resolved.  I had two months trying to perform the two key authentication and it never worked.  I know same fix works on mark 8 golf and suggest your dealer should check for tpi.  Have a look at attached internal seat doc , this is more around how to set up and also perform the identification for remote lock and unlock. 

Sure Skoda will be similar

SEAT CONNECT Guide.pdf

5 hours ago, Markjp said:

Mark

Hi Mark 

Yes it has been fixed they had to replace the head unit to fix it. Customer service at skoda connect was really great and they always responded back to my emails within a day. It was the manufacturers the skoda connect was waiting on which took time. I would suggest going back to your dealer as that would be a quicker option. I wish I went back to the dealer sooner. But now everything is all working as it should be. If you need anymore advice I am here for you. 

On 24/02/2021 at 22:00, Alecpugh said:

Hi Mark 

Yes it has been fixed they had to replace the head unit to fix it. Customer service at skoda connect was really great and they always responded back to my emails within a day. It was the manufacturers the skoda connect was waiting on which took time. I would suggest going back to your dealer as that would be a quicker option. I wish I went back to the dealer sooner. But now everything is all working as it should be. If you need anymore advice I am here for you. 

Thanks Alec, good your Kamiq is now sorted. The only problem we have is we bought the Kamiq from a dealer 200 miles away, so we will have to book it in to our local dealer. I know you can take the car to any Skoda dealer in the UK for warranty work, but It will be interesting to see how responsive they are. 

56 minutes ago, Markjp said:

Thanks Alec, good your Kamiq is now sorted. The only problem we have is we bought the Kamiq from a dealer 200 miles away, so we will have to book it in to our local dealer. I know you can take the car to any Skoda dealer in the UK for warranty work, but It will be interesting to see how responsive they are. 

Your welcome Mark anytime 😊.  The skoda dealer I got the car from have been very good since I went with them 3 years ago when I got the Karoq. It did take a couple of weeks to get my Kamiq booked in but that's only because I needed a courtesy car and things are abit slower at the moment since the lockdown. But they got my car on the Friday and was ready for me to collect on the Monday morning. Got my fingers crossed for you mate. But like I said in my last message you are better off going to dealer cause they have the tech guys there and if it needs new parts they can fix it. I do love my Kamiq now even with the dynamic lights. The indicators look so cool 😎lol 

16 hours ago, Markjp said:

Does not matter where you bought your Kamiq from you can take it to any skoda dealer for service warranty work or any problems 

Had problems with this yesterday.  Turned engine on set off and for the whole of a half hour journey to pick the wife up from work it was trying to log in Primary user.   Whilst waiting for her I switched off the engine and left it, ten minutes or so, started engine when she got in and it was ok.  Pain in the neck !

3 minutes ago, longedge said:

Had your wife by any chance got a set of keys in her handbag?

No she wouldn’t, good idea though.  No the spare sits at home, been using since and everything pops up no trouble, can only imagine it was a temporary blip.  Thanks for taking the time and thought to reply.

• 1 year later...
On 20/06/2022 at 07:05, aasifbw said:

Thanks for your reply yes I have registered and I have my profile active on the car but won't let me activate primary user.

You need an update from dealers 

Edited by Gizmo