My Skoda App - Vehicle Health Check

Since Dec 20, I have been having issues with the Vehicle Health Check part of the App. I initiate a check and it completes. However, when you look at the date of the report... it has not updated at all and remains the same report as the last successful Health Check. Looking into the history log of the reports that has not updated either. I also used to get an email confirming the results. These have also stopped. Everything else is fine. Anyone had these issues or know of a resolution? John

Just checked - it works OK on mine. That said, it might be the only thing to work on the App I have because otherwise it's bloody useless.  :wall:

Edited by Guest

Tried using the app this morning and I was asked to login again. When I did, all the cars details had gone and it was asking for me to register them again by entering the VIN number. Though when you do, it has a fatal error and dies. You’d think after all the time the Kodiaq has been out they could get the app to work. It must have been written by the same people that did track and trace.

Edited by Jfhuk

45 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

Tried using the app this morning and I was asked to login again. When I did, all the cars details had gone and it was asking for me to register them again by entering the VIN number. Though when you do, it has a fatal error and dies. You’d think after all the time the Kodiaq has been out they could get the app to work. It must have been written by the same people that did track and trace.

Few weeks ago Skoda Connect and smth else were united into one, MySkoda app.

Mine has worked flawlessly since the day one and I am using it sometimes to lock the doors or honk a horn in a parking lot.

Suggest to uninstall the app completely and reinstall from app store.

20 hours ago, linni said:

Few weeks ago Skoda Connect and smth else were united into one, MySkoda app.

It’s the new app that’s broke. It just keeps asking for the cars VIN number then gets stuck with “the operation was unsuccessful. We are working on a solution. If this persists please contact the infoline” I’ve just done that  and am awaiting further updates.

It appears to be backend related as I’ve now tried it on my iPhone and a friends android phone and it fails in the same way.

Edited by Jfhuk

6 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

It appears to be backend related as I’ve now tried it my iPhone and a friends android phone and it fails in the same way.

How does the PC version behave for you? I know that the PC does not have all of the facilities of the mobile app, but it does have most of them. I would be interested to know whether you have the same problem on a PC.

1 minute ago, SkodAlan said:

How does the PC version behave for you?

I’ve just tried the web site and that appears to be working with no issues, so the problem appears to be app related.

Why bother with this useless app, the vehicle status menu on the infotainment unit will show any faults that need attention.

Edited by Kenny R

This thread prompted me to press the button on my phone App out of curiosity.

Pleasantly surprised that it woke up and showed me my Big Red Bear.

But do I use it as an every day, useful tool?  Of course not.  My grandchildren may be entertained with such things, but it's not a relevant part of my day to day life.

It displays a disjointed assortment of numbers associated with Miles and MPG and MPH.

As a number geek, all my vehicle data is tracked accurately on simple spreadsheets. I know my mileage and brim-to-brim consumption over the lifetime of each vehicle.

Temperamental trendy Apps are not for me.