Error Code P046C

Hi All

Daughter bought a 2011 1.2 greenline a couple of weeks back and in the last day or so has got an error code up of P046C ref an EGR sensor.  The guy she brought it from had this done when he bouight the car and put it onsale for sale and have seen the invoice done in Dec 2020. Could anything else bar the EGR valve it's self produce the code?

Well you know car dealers, they tend to give little away.

I know the dealer supplied the EGR valve to the garage to fit so I will presume it's a cheap Euro car parts jobby. It was only fitted on 1/12/2020 and she only has the car a weeks before EML came on so pretty shocking if it turns out to be the EGR it's self.

Thanks for the link

A long time ago, I had an EGR valve replaced once, only to be confronted by the same light/issue within a day or so... I took it back and they found I think, a slightly loose valve, or injector, which needed replacing. It was quite a number of years ago and has never been an issue since. I think I still have the original EGR valve in my shed as I was sure it was not faulty, a little dirty perhaps but not damaged. If memory serves, the valves/injectors in question, are a kind of rounded square and tend to vibrate loose over time. They wear a little and then won't function correctly. I do have the older, 1.4 TDI Greenline but it may help guide you. That said, if the part was replaced just a short time ago and is still showing the fault, it SHOULD be a warrantied part.  Looking back, I think it was the injector.