PCP: To flip, or not to flip

I’m coming to the end of year 3 of a 48-month PCP on a 2018 Superb SE 1.4TSi DSG hatch.

Been a ball, but wondering if year 3 is a better time to swap the car in for something else than end-of-contract?

Not sure whether I’ll stay Skoda (don’t need the Superb’s room anymore, but absolutely, definitely don’t want anything with a torture beam back axle!), but appreciate any advice on whether now is the right time to do a deal or whether to hang on for another year.

20 hours ago, MorrisOx said:

And now Skoda’s tempting me with offers...what to do??

If you sign up, register, on other brands websites, they will also send you offers.  They all do it because selling cars makes them money.  They are not doing it for you.

Doesn’t mean any of the offers are better than waiting a year, because unless you own a crystal ball, you haven’t a clue if next years offer will be even better.

If you can swap it great, if you have to put extra money in (or pay more each month), then not great.

5 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

If you sign up, register, on other brands websites, they will also send you offers.  They all do it because selling cars makes them money.  They are not doing it for you.

Doesn’t mean any of the offers are better than waiting a year, because unless you own a crystal ball, you haven’t a clue if next years offer will be even better.

If you can swap it great, if you have to put extra money in (or pay more each month), then not great.

Yep, offers are offers.

The only question for me is whether the Superb’s value is as good as it gets in year 3 (ie, it might tail off in year 4), or whether it makes no difference.

Edited by MorrisOx

9 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

Jeez that seems to have come around quick.

Does feel a bit blink and you’ll miss it, GC.

Still a really solid car which is a breeze to drive. But I really don’t know what I’d go for if I stayed Skoda.

53 minutes ago, j caff said:

What are they offering you? Would you consider the Octavia?

Everything under the sun...but I think they’re just standard offers with a name slapped on.

I bought the Superb to get away from the Octy’s torsion beam back end: my daughters used to complain that it was always noisy and bumpy in the back on long journeys. The Superb has gone down better because it’s got independent suspension all-round and just feels more settled and grown-up.

So I’m in a bit of a bind  if I stay with Skoda. Seriously considering an A4, or even a used E-class instead.

6 hours ago, Q102 said:

Doesn't it depend on the how much the final ballon payment is?

I was quoted £10,803 settlement and I suspect the trade-in value is somewhere between £11-12k. But who knows, as these figures are always a black art against what you’re buying.

My instinct says flip sooner rather than later, but it must be a weird market right now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MorrisOx said:

Everything under the sun...but I think they’re just standard offers with a name slapped on.

I bought the Superb to get away from the Octy’s torsion beam back end: my daughters used to complain that it was always noisy and bumpy in the back on long journeys. The Superb has gone down better because it’s got independent suspension all-round and just feels more settled and grown-up.

So I’m in a bit of a bind  if I stay with Skoda. Seriously considering an A4, or even a used E-class instead.

The A4 is tiny compared to the Superb the E class can be a money pit. I thought it was only the smaller engined Octavias that had that primitive suspension, I had it in a 1 litre car it is pretty horrid.