Bleeding Brakes After Reservoir Went Dry

Hardcore

Hi all,

Looking for some advice here.

Recently, one of my rear brake calipers decided it didn't want to retain fluid any more and dumped it on a long drive home. I only became aware as it was on the motorway, when the handbrake light started flashing / audible warning me.
I've fitted new calipers in the meantime but i noticed that it dumped most of it's fluid and the reservoir was dry.
It's topped up now but between that and changing calipers there will be air entered from all ends.

Bleeding the calipers themself is no problem as i've help and self bleeders available, but i read that i might need to bleed the clutch and also the ABS pump as well.

The clutch seems to be working 100% normally, but would it still benefit from a bleed and any tips when doing the clutch (if i need to)
Likewise with the ABS pump. How will i know if i need to do it, and what's the best way to do it?

Many thanks.

Best way to bleed the ABS unit is to run it using the VCDS bleeding procedure but before I had VCDS and was in the same situation I first bled each corner, quite a few times I will add, and the thing that finally sorted it for me was bleeding the both the rears and then the fronts in tandem.

• Like 1