Turbo & Injectors upgrade on 150hp DSG

Hi guys, I was looking into HW upgrade to my 2014. 2.0TDI 110kW 150hp engine with DSG trans. Was told that bolt on upgrade should be a turbo and injectors from vRS 184hp. Is this true and is there any other bits and peaecs that should be replaced also? Was thinking of that upgrade plus custom exhaust and then propper remap to get around 220-230hp. Currently I have a pipercross air filter with Revo stg1 and I'm getting borred with it :/

Thanx!

I would speak to Darkside Developments as they will be able to advise you of what is needed. In the long run it might be cheaper just to swap to an Octy VRS and remap it.

I've had some discussion with Darkside about doing this to my Yeti.  They suggested that their hybrid turbo upgrade and remap would take the engine to c. 220 bhp.  The next stage with an injector upgrade would see c. 250 bhp.

I suspect they'd also suggest an upgrade to the clutch and DMF at the same time. 

Thanx for the replies guys. As I'm not in UK and because of Brexit, I believe that Darkside Developments are not in the game for me at this moment, hence the vRS turbo and injectors upgrade. Will see how that goes. Found them new for a good price and will do a propper remap on dyno after install.

On 07/03/2021 at 17:19, forinta said:

Currently I have a pipercross air filter with Revo stg1

hi, can you please share your experience and how it changed the car? Thinking about this step at the moment (60k km).

Are there any drawbacks?

Did you feel you need to upgrade the suspension, tyres or breaks?

Thank you!

On 07/03/2021 at 17:19, forinta said:

Hi guys, I was looking into HW upgrade to my 2014. 2.0TDI 110kW 150hp engine with DSG trans. Was told that bolt on upgrade should be a turbo and injectors from vRS 184hp. Is this true and is there any other bits and peaecs that should be replaced also? Was thinking of that upgrade plus custom exhaust and then propper remap to get around 220-230hp. Currently I have a pipercross air filter with Revo stg1 and I'm getting borred with it :/

Thanx!

Yes, that is the recipe :) if you keep the dpf activated and a proper remap, it will take you to 210-220 hp. If you take off the dpf, 220-235 hp. 

On 17/03/2021 at 04:11, Sec8200 said:

hi, can you please share your experience and how it changed the car? Thinking about this step at the moment (60k km).

Are there any drawbacks?

Did you feel you need to upgrade the suspension, tyres or breaks?

Thank you!

Revo1 gave it that little bit that was missing for me in terms of torque and some power. Biggest difference was DSG that was a bit sharper and more responsive. 

Suspension already had eibach prokit black lowering springs and brakes were uprated to Golf 7R in front with 345mm vented rotors + Ferodo DS2500 pads and Golf 5R32 in rear with 310mm vented rotors with DS2500 pads. Bigger part of the brakes upgrade was because of the looks with 19" rims than because of stopping power which did improved but not noticeable. I just hate it when people put 19", 20" wheels and leave 272mm rotors that are almost invisible behind those wheels so theres a huge gap between inner wall of the rim and brake caliper.

18 hours ago, fane87 said:

Yes, that is the recipe :) if you keep the dpf activated and a proper remap, it will take you to 210-220 hp. If you take off the dpf, 220-235 hp. 

I will try to find a broken or unusable DPF and have it replaced for the OEM one to have the original housing on the car but without filter so I can make most of this upgrade :)

• Thanks 1

@forinta thank you, appreciated.

I have strange pedal feel, grabs good in the beginning and around middle I feel pedal went hard and like missing any braking assitance. 

Also simulating it in parked state...starting to press, feels assisted and around half...hard. Those brought me bad feelings when accelerating and braking suddenly hard. Just like a have a brake vacuum gone.

Can you please share if you had similar and if this is something that brake components can fix.

Cheers