Alarm siren fault

Hi.

Had a problem with my alarm for a while, no siren or chirps when locking and unlocking, the indicator flashes work. Thinking it was the battery in the siren so I changed this, the old battery was showing full charge but the top V200 battery did have a little bit of electrolyte on it.  PCB and components look fine to an untrained eye.

Reconnect the alarm and everything works, siren, chirps and indicator flashes. Start the engine (possibly turn ignition on) and then the siren stops working but the chirps and indicator flashes still work.  Disconnect and reconnect and everything works fine when I trigger the alarm, again I start or turn ignition on and it reverts back to no siren but chirps and flashes still work.

Alarm siren is 1K0951605D

Edited by Morph

Hi Morph

I am having similar  (but not identical) problems with my alarm - I don't get any chirps and I've never had things working whereas yours seems ok until ignition switched (thread embedded below).

I'm afraid I haven't found a solution to mine so can't offer any advice but would be grateful if you could post back if you do find a fix! 

Cheers

Jamie