Active cylinder management?

7 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

Re GPF.  Since we are only getting towards 3 years since VW group so Skoda had to fit GPF,s to Petrol vehicles we do not know how it is going to be after 3 years old with a VW Group / Skoda with GPF.  There are some reporting issues already and a recent thread on Briskoda that links other Threads from 2018/ 19.      Some might want to price what Dealerships want to fit a replacement GPF on a car past the Manufacturer's Warranty period.      Thread in Octavia Mk3 section on increased fuel consumption with a car with a GPF.  There is a way of driving to clear a GPF. It is not the same as clearing a DPF.

EDIT.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/491505-fuel-consumption-increase-reasons

top information there e-root, it was a interesting read i didn't no anything about a petrol engine doing this regen thing.

12 minutes ago, Warkman said:

I have the 1.5 150bhp DSG estate, petrol ACT, it’s powerful enough, does the job fully loaded with mo issues.

hi i asked about fully loaded because 2 or 3 times a year the family go traveling/camping, BUT most of the time i am on my own, what economy mpg are you getting when you are on your OWN?

23 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

oh right, there is a superb saloon in silver 1.5 act sti 70 plate but it has a MANUAL:worried: transmission, it has about 70 miles on it for £16,700 in road range 6 miles from me , and you can drive on there private road, its on autotrader , what dou you think? 

Would that be the 20 reg car, SE  with only 71 miles on the clock and being sold by a non-franchised used card centre in quaint little fishing village called Bootle?

I'd be wanting to know the history of the car before I set foot in it. Could it be an import with different spec?

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

what mpg are you getting mate?

General day to day shortish journeys I normall get in the range of 37-42Mpg. Longer journeys on motorways I’ve seen an easy 54mpg  with i think is brilliant for a large heavy petrol estate car.

10 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Would that be the 20 reg car, SE  with only 71 miles on the clock and being sold by a non-franchised used card centre in quaint little fishing village called Bootle?

I'd be wanting to know the history of the car before I set foot in it. Could it be an import with different spec?

that's the car yes i went today but they wouldn't let me take it out on the open road so i left i couldn't be bothered getting the keys and sitting in it my heart wasn't in it i really want an estate i just wanted to see what a 1.5tsi is like.

9 minutes ago, rmahon999 said:

General day to day shortish journeys I normall get in the range of 37-42Mpg. Longer journeys on motorways I’ve seen an easy 54mpg  with i think is brilliant for a large heavy petrol estate car.

yes thats pretty good for petrol.

I had similar concerns to you but when I had my 1.4 Octavia Estate and realised how quick that was I decided to go back to a Superb 1.5  DSG estate. I have not been disappointed. Plenty of power to overtake safely and achieved 50mpg on a Scotland trip. Averages just under 40 mpg around hilly Sheffield

1 hour ago, vade04 said:

I had similar concerns to you but when I had my 1.4 Octavia Estate and realised how quick that was I decided to go back to a Superb 1.5  DSG estate. I have not been disappointed. Plenty of power to overtake safely and achieved 50mpg on a Scotland trip. Averages just under 40 mpg around hilly Sheffield

50mpg mmmm  it's getting higher with each post, it might be up to 55 tomorrow :D

4 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

hi i asked about fully loaded because 2 or 3 times a year the family go traveling/camping, BUT most of the time i am on my own, what economy mpg are you getting when you are on your OWN?

Still running the car in, with Covid, it’s only done 600 miles since January.

mistly short 25 mile journeys, but a  320 mile round trip up the. Motorway to pick up my son from ~Uni.

averaging currently 40mog, but did run ut around 90moh to android from Uni 

3 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

that's the car yes i went today but they wouldn't let me take it out on the open road so i left i couldn't be bothered getting the keys and sitting in it my heart wasn't in it i really want an estate i just wanted to see what a 1.5tsi is like.

That's odd. How will they sell it if they won't let anyone try it? Good job walking away.

6 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

Try and find an SEL if you can or at least the SE Tech, you will be glad of the extra spec and leather seats.

22 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

36mpg.....wow i am used to around 50 ish thats rubish or do you boot it down the road do you think?

As I said, all the roundabouts cripple the mpg! On longer runs I get high 40s but having only had it since June last year, there hasn't been many of them:crying:

14 hours ago, Warkman said:

Still running the car in, with Covid, it’s only done 600 miles since January.

mistly short 25 mile journeys, but a  320 mile round trip up the. Motorway to pick up my son from ~Uni.

averaging currently 40mog, but did run ut around 90moh to android from Uni 

thanks for that mate i think realistically its somewhere between 35-45, i suppose thats not to bad for a big lump of a motor .

17 hours ago, rmahon999 said:

thanks for that.

3 hours ago, Q102 said:

As I said, all the roundabouts cripple the mpg! On longer runs I get high 40s but having only had it since June last year, there hasn't been many of them:crying:

i know what you mean mate i drop me lad off at work everyday its a 15 mile round trip, it gives me something to do i have took early retirement so i am mostly bored ****less.