Fitting a bike

JockMac

Hi Folks,

Picking up my new Kamiq on Friday but wondering if its possible to fit an Adults bike in the back with the rear seats down.

Would prefer to have it on a Towbar mounted rack but its a stock car with the necessary prep so looking at the options.

Cheers

I had a tow bar fitted for my Ebike.  The order was already finalised but the dealer was able to get a local place to fit the tow bar.  You DON'T need the tow bar prep kit to get a tow bar fitted.  I'd think you could fit a standard bike in but would need to remove the front wheel.

I can confirm that my bike does fit it  with front wheel removed but I think I am going to go with roofbar mounted carrier as missus is concerned about damage to interior

On 15/04/2021 at 16:23, ayrshiredude said:

I had a tow bar fitted for my Ebike.  The order was already finalised but the dealer was able to get a local place to fit the tow bar.  You DON'T need the tow bar prep kit to get a tow bar fitted.  I'd think you could fit a standard bike in but would need to remove the front wheel.

Hey @ayrshiredudewas the tow bar fitted with original Skoda Kamiq  kit ?

41 minutes ago, zoharin said:

Hey @ayrshiredudewas the tow bar fitted with original Skoda Kamiq  kit ?

No, it was too late when I asked to have either the full towbar or the pre kit fitted.  However the garage it came from had it fitted.  It's not an original kit but they had it done so any warranty issues are their issue as far as I am concerned.  

• Like 1