Bonnet not closing (can someone send me a photo of theirs)

My bonnet will only close half latch, I think I'm overlooking something obvious but can't figure out what.

Attached photo of mine, can anyone provide similar photos of a working one incase it's something very obvious?

Many thanks in advance

signal-2021-04-15-163235_002.jpeg

signal-2021-04-15-163235_001.jpeg

Hi alf100

I can only say what I have done in the past with a  ford fiesta.

I brushed copper slip or grease on the part in your pictures. Not sure with your vehicle though.

Also I worked the the leaver in side the car in case the inner cable is sticking in the outer part.

Not returning fully home?

Maybe needs a new cable if that`s the case. 

Hope this helps

Rob

Looking closely at yours it definitely looks like the pivot is seized as the end of the bowden cable is loose instead of being against the spring loaded lever which looks stuck back.....

signal-2021-04-15-163235-002-thumb-jpeg-

canvas.png

Edited by TMB
  • Thanks 1

Soak it all with WD-40 or something thin like that and work all of the pivoting bits back and fore with a screwdriver until they can spring back freely by themselves. Only then should you cover it all with grease. Should keep you good for years. Doesn't hurt to keep refreshing the grease though.

Hope you get it sorted. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TMB said:

Looking closeley at yours it definitely looks like the pivot is seized as the end of the bowden cable is loose instead of being against the spring loaded lever which looks stuck back.....

signal-2021-04-15-163235-002-thumb-jpeg-

canvas.png

Thanks mate you were spot on!! Finally closing -- had a pending MOT so helped me out a lot

• Like 1