Uprated ARB's front and rear. Which ones for Track day use?

I have been reading on here about various options.

My car will mainly be used for TD's. 

Looking to fit the best option so advice needed.

Standard vRS is 19mm apparently and the R32 is 23mm which is the way to go.............apparently.

What about the rear?

Leave as is or add an aftermarket one?

The car is lowered and has aftermarket dampers and stiffer springs.

Look forward to any advice.

If you put a 23mm front roll bar on without any rear anti roll bar for a track day, you may as well pick your spot that you want to sit behind the barrier on track now, as it will be understeer central. :giggle:

You would need at least a whiteline rear bar roll bar if not something more, it really depends on your driving style on track.

Just out of interest, have you upgraded the brakes at all yet?.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.

New discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

new high temp brake fluid.

ised this combo with a previous vRS without any problems.

10 hours ago, kentphil1 said:

You would need at least a whiteline rear bar roll bar if not something more, it really depends on your driving style on track.

I've been reading that a 25mm rear works best with the 23mm front. Do you agree?

Edited by phazed

Just picked up a 23 mm R32 front ARB.

Looks like the front subframe may have to be dropped a bit to change the ARB, is that correct?

Looks like I’ll be getting another set of stretch bolts for the Subframe! That was a waste, renewed these a few months ago!!!

If you've slimmed out the excess weight in the car, the Whiteline should work ok, but it if not a Neuspeed 28mm rear bar may be in your future.

Still really comes down to if you are a "stand on the brakes and chuck it in" type of driver, or a "brake to bleed speed and feed it in" driver.

Basically, and oversimplifying things, the thicker the rear bar when used with an R32 bar, the more rotation from the rear you will get,