Roomster Scout (2010) Tow bar electric question

KBPhoto

I've looked through many of the threads on here about the Roomster, Scout version specifically, electrics for tow bar and can't find anything definitive from that version Roomster.

I'm asking about a 2010 Roomster Scout (I don't have it anywhere near me to actually look at) that has the code "1D0 = Without trailer hitch" and has a removable panel in the lower bumper where a tower would go. The owner says there is no sign of a tow bar (which fits with the code).

Did all Scouts from that era come with removable panel as standard?

Did they all have electrics factory fitted as far as the NSR wheel arch (as on many Skodas)? Or is the tow bar module located under the passenger seat?

If not, any suggestions as to why there would be a removable panel (other than the two bar has been removed by a previous owner).

Thanks.

Edited by KBPhoto

My 2009 Roomster Scout had this removable panel (but no tow bar).  I'm reasonably certain this panel was part of the styling of all Roomster Scouts.  Hopefully someone else will come along and confirm.

I’m beginning to think that as well. Thank you.

The ‘1D0’ no tow bar is also self explanatory, but where does the extent of the electrics end?

Fuseboard?

Under passenger seat?

NSR wheel arch?

If anyone can let me know how to find out (when I’m 700 miles away from the vehicle) that would be very helpful. 

My 2008 Scout had a removable panel, i do think it was specifically for fitting a tow bar. 

When my tow bar was fitted, it was linked to the fuse box at the front. There is a picture of it somewhere on the site, it was fitted in 2018.

• Like 1

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid having to strip out all the trim as I did with my Yeti.

If ‘tow bar prep’ meant the same as the Yeti/Octavia, that would have been ideal.