Px.value

Cogra

12 hours ago, Stubod said:

..wow, that's crazy...my last WBAC was up again and now stands at £12,750, ie £2k+ on this time last year, but again I assume the car I would replace it with will also have gone up, so not really any "gain"...

WBAC are now at £15k for mine but local Skoda dealer said £16k against anything they have but maybe more depending on specific vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently changed our car.Dealer offered me same price as WBAC. unseen price said he couldn't offer anymore but reduced price of car I was changing to and threw in a few bits.Overall it was the price difference I was interested in.Dealer said there was a problem obtaining new cars so good sh.Cars were at a premium .No doubt prices will eventually balance out.

16 hours ago, Stubod said:

Currently a 2017 Yeti 1.4 on Autotrader for £22.5k!!

At the top of this page you will see the dealer offered me £16k

They are now at £18.5k 

• Love it! 1

On 17/08/2021 at 13:56, Stubod said:

Can't see how this makes any sense for a model which is now out of production. 

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved all my Yeti's (I owned 4 of them) and still feel they were excellent and versatile cars (when not fitted with a sunroof!).

2 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

Can't see how this makes any sense for a model which is now out of production. 

Used car values are all up and the small SUV sector is the strongest group.

image.thumb.png.d2e4cd252402947c53784750de6b48b2.png

Plenty regret moving cars on. Especially specialities that there are nothing else the same as and when less good but newer is going to cost much more to buy.

There are so many examples of cars now with safety features that owners do not want or think they need, and worse still the manufacturer has not sorted out the snagging fault.

1 hour ago, Stubod said:

..latest WBAC valuation now £14,250....surely it must end sometime!!....giving me thoughts about selling!

That is until they see the car, then they will nit pic the price down.
It would be good to know the percentage difference between the valuation and what they pay.

Slightly off topic but I've just put my parents unmarked Citigo Monte Carlo details into WBAC, 18 plate with 5500 miles........8 GRAND!! 

I got it for them through Carwow March 18 for £9600, WBAC offered £5500 at 4700 miles Febuary 20!

I wonder how WBAC are doing right now for people actually flogging them cars compared to those that keep checking how much they might get and keeping their car because it is worth so much and hoping they will get a good trade in or private sale.

Pre Covid they will know exactly how often people check check and check again and eventually turn up to get their vehicle inspected.

There seems to be a combination of things.  

Apparently car usage is back to pre-Covid levels (even if tube in London is only at 50% weekdays / 60% weekends) so car demand must be about normal.

New cars are severely rationed (actually can place orders, but probably won’t get it until 2022).

Nearly new cars are sparse, wasn’t very many hire fleets etc buying new cars 6-17 months ago. Some dealerships didn’t even change their demonstrators as lockdowns prevented using them.

Leases have expired, and with lack of new cars or lockdowns many have been extended, so older 2-4 year old cars aren’t hitting market at normal volumes.  

Similarly PCPs, in recent months the jump in used prices means handing a car back at end of PCP is daft (if car can be sold privately for £14k, and balloon payment is £10k, why would you hand it back when have £4K in equity keeping it), and probably not likely to trade it in until can get a replacement delivered.

Then there are those who change cars more occasionally, when it gets to certain age or mileage, with lockdowns many have decided to wait another year, so they are coming back to buy a new car at time of lack of supply, 2021 instead of 2020, further increasing new car waiting times.

So got normal levels of demand, but lack of supply so basic economics says prices will rise.   How long will it last, looking like at least 2022, and probably be 2023 before lots of nearly new cars are flooding market pushing prices down.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

New Jimny's were selling at a premium right from the first owners picking them up from the dealerships and auto's even more so, then there was such a short run.  (The dealers were not allowed to sell them new for more than the RRP, but the first owners could and some did.)

Even the last model sold for strong money at 10 or more years old.  6 & 7 year old ones can sell for what they cost new.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/465129-suzuki/jimny/page/2

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 07.54.03.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 07.54.47.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

8 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

New Jimny's were selling at a premium right from the first owners picking them up from the dealerships and auto's even more so, then there was such a short run.  (The dealers were not allowed to sell them new for more than the RRP, but the first owners could and some did.)

Even the last model sold for strong money at 10 or more years old.  6 & 7 year old ones can sell for what they cost new.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/465129-suzuki/jimny/page/2

I recall Mat Watson (Carwow) predicting the limited numbers of Jimny's would lead to use values rising - he actually purchased one.

I recall selling my first Yeti back in 2009 for pretty much the price I paid for it, after 1-year and 10000 miles - happy days😁

• 1 month later...
On 29/08/2021 at 22:47, pinkpanther said:

And it's still sitting there unsold...

18 minutes ago, MX-5 said:

And it's still sitting there unsold...

I wonder if it was intended as a talking point?

Suspect it will have generated considerable traffic to the the dealers website!

Just now, pinkpanther said:

I wonder if it was intended as a talking point?

Suspect it will have generated considerable traffic to the the dealers website!

Also it's raining here today, so suspect it's full of water😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stubod said:

..latest WBAC now £15,400!...getting tempting. OK the replacement car I was considering (Suzuki Vitara) has also gone up, but not by as much as the Yeti?

My 2018 S-Cross has similarly appreciated in value. Autotrader currently rates it's second hand sale price >£14k, so presumably it'd retail >£15k.

I did consider a Vitara, but the boot is smaller and the top model isn't as well equipped (main ommision was a lack of leather heated seats).

• Like 1

I swapped our1.2 elegance for a vitari sz-t 1.0 about 4 months ago .So far so good yes the boot is smaller but seems to have more usable space,the yeti had more gizmos than the vitari I don't miss them The vitari to me is a lot easier to drive better visibility and the torquey  engine means fewer gear changes.The ride is a bit more unsettled than the yeti and build quality not as good but overall a good swap from a good car. Back to post.WBAC are quoting roughly the same price I paid for the vitari.Local dealers are quoting good prices for used cars it all comes down to supply and demand.I think the only way you can win would be sell your car now and buy next spring.

• Like 1