About to look at a Scala today - any pointers?

DaveK0974

Hi all,

we have had a Rapid Spaceback 1.2 for 4 years now and looking at a new car time. We like the Scala as it seems pretty much the facelift Rapid :)  I have booked an appointment to view a 2019 1ltr auto Scala today, its an ex-delaer loaner which the Rapid was as well. 

Is there anything to be aware of on these, its a fairly low spec but has cruise control which i wanted. We are retired so its only low mileage travels now, plus one or two UK holidays if we are luck per year.

Thanks for any tips

I have a 2020 Scala 1.0 115ps DSG. It is a solid all-round car and definitely punches above its weight in terms of size and performance. The 115ps is perky and gives good acceleration all the way to motorway speeds. Like all DSG gearboxes, you have to learn the way it operates as can be tricky to get a smooth start off the line, but otherwise it is good. 

Mechanically, things to look out for are quite limited as it still quite a new model, but check the DSG box changing smoothly and that there is no excessive noise from it. I would alsp check to see if it has had all software updates done as there was a recall a few months back for the e-call SOS system. Otherwise, if it's an ex-loan car, just check for the usual bodywork and wheel damage etc as they aren't always treated that well. 

Good luck with the viewing

• Like 1

Thanks

the viewing went well and we placed our deposit :)

Its an ex-demo car not loaner, which was good and the condition bears this out as it's mint inside and out.

It does drive extremely well and is way above our base-spec Rapid in terms of refinements. I have drive auto before but they were the old torque-converter style boxes not DSG so I need to learn the do's and don'ts of it to get the best out of it.

Glad to see the boot is a large as the Rapid SB as we have used that a fair amount.

Pick it up Saturday