SE L 1.0 115 DSG fuel economy

Baldur73

@Baldur73

No particular advice as i am in Scotland and have a Charge Place Scotland card and use free charging so plan my trips using those.

It is getting more limited as much of Scotlands Councils are charging to charge, Edinburgh & North of Edinburgh. Angus is still free.

I have paid less than £17 in the past year to use InstaVolt for quick top ups to get to Charging Hubs.

The Corsa is not much good for range on quicker routes so i need to allow about 70 minutes extra for each 150 miles travelled since there are only 50kwh chargers and no guarantee of getting right onto one.

If i have to get someplace quick and maybe get back again i do not take the EV.

Edited by e-Roottoot

I just got a CYC card - is the chargeplace scotland card different to that? 

only had one free charge and most of the chargers on my routes are pay to use in Fife or Tayside.

To be honest I don’t mind paying and think the free charging may have stymied private investment in infrastructure.

It is bizarre that you cannot use your phone to start charging via NFC… 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@Gerrycan the good thing with EV,s is you might very seldom use your brakes.  The regen to the battery can be from just being off the accelerator so coasting and charging, or more regen while decelerating so knocking off speed, or use regen like changing down gear.  I do plenty miles and have front wheel drive but might as well have rear drums like the VW Group EV with rear wheel drive as my discs are very rusty from little use other than coming to a stop from about 5mph.

Having experienced an EV I am not surprised the disks can get get quite rusty. The strong retardation off 'throttle' initially took me by surprise.

It's a bit of a badge of honour really.

• Like 1

@Baldur73Is the Park & Ride at Kinross next to Sainsbury not still free, i thought Sainsbury owned the car park and not Fife & Kinross Council.

The other place i use regularly is at Dunblane Tesco / Railway Station.  That is until the new hub at Stirling Park & ride opens with more chargers.

I can use the phone app at the new Forfar Hub rather than the card. Only issue is the hub has very poor Mobile Reception.

Never tried it any place else. I often have to phone CPS to get them to start Chargers and also report faults.

The £20 a year charge for a card stops in July.

New Hub @ Orchard Bank Forfar.

Just down from the Angus House chargers. Just off the A90 at the new Shell / Starbucks / Greggs / Spar filling station & KFC / McD's. & Marston's.

DSCN5857.JPG

DSCN5865.JPG

Edited by e-Roottoot

23 hours ago, Baldur73 said:

What car did you have that averaged 70mpg?

That is seriously impressive and the 320d GT would never manage that.

The best I managed was 60-62mpg which isn’t great compared to the standard 320d saloon.

I absolutely love Cornwall, probably one of the nicest parts of Britain. 

Uk holiday and a hire Kia Cerato manual 1.6d (I think, as there were no markings). Most of our mileage was on motorways and I was sticking to speed limits, not that there was much opportunity to speed with the heavy traffic and the many sub 70mph restricted zones. The upside was the surprisingly good mpg and repeated calculated 70mpg tank fills.

The first tank was about 60mpg but when I learnt to ignore the car's gear recommendations and give it a few more revs in each gear it actually improved the consumption.

Ideal car for what we needed but as boring as all ..... to drive.

We really enjoyed touring Cornwall and later the Welsh border area but after Covid restrictions lift we'd love to come back and 'do' Scotland. Maybe late 2022 as Australia is really behind in our vaccinations but the momentum is starting to build now. Get my first on Tuesday

Be interested to hear how you get on with the Ioniq. 

Drove 454 miles this Sunday Hertfordshire to Dunkeld in Scotland.

Filled the car to the brim and it said 475 mile range. 8 hour drive later still saying 175 miles left in the tank average speed 55mph 59 miles to the gallon reported from start of journey happy days. 

23 minutes ago, Yetiherts said:

Drove 454 miles this Sunday Hertfordshire to Dunkeld in Scotland.

Filled the car to the brim and it said 475 mile range. 8 hour drive later still saying 175 miles left in the tank average speed 55mph 59 miles to the gallon reported from start of journey happy days. 

I really don’t want to read that having opted for the Hyundai over the Skoda 😂

Come back with some stories about it falling to bits or getting 5mpg instead so I can feel justified 🙄

I have wanted a Skoda since we used to sell them in the eighties after being DAF before that. Lots of memories of my family driving down from Fife to Bolton / Coventry in a Skoda Rapid.

I have a vague memory that it had a plastic louvred sun shade on the back windscreen but my mind might be playing tricks on me.