2017 hatch, Rear washer stopped working, water dripping out from boot (near camera)

Hi guys 

Got a 2017 hatch.  Rear washer has just stopped working.  The pump works and I can see the washer fluid dripping out of the area where the rear camera is fitted.  I can't make out how to remove the inner trim of the hatch as I'm assuming a pipe has popped off. 

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated. 

Cheers 

Si

I had a similar issue when i picked up my 67 plate a couple of months ago.

Turns out the 2 spray points were bunged up with what i can only describe as flakes of rust or dried debris. However it was easy to remedy. The plastic mount with the 2 spray holes can be removed with a flat screwdriver carefully and i used a couple of pins or needles to clear the holes. I was also able to tap out the debris that was in the space behind the 2 sprays.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pdrisc said:

I had a similar issue when i picked up my 67 plate a couple of months ago.

Turns out the 2 spray points were bunged up with what i can only describe as flakes of rust or dried debris. However it was easy to remedy. The plastic mount with the 2 spray holes can be removed with a flat screwdriver carefully and i used a couple of pins or needles to clear the holes. I was also able to tap out the debris that was in the space behind the 2 sprays.

Thanks.  I did try that first to be honest...  The flow out of the boot is pretty fast so feels like a pipe's dropped off...  Will have another go. 

sorry i forgot that you mentioned that leak. Yes it sounds like the hose has worked loose. Looks like you need to remove the internal panels. There is probably some instructions somewhere on the web on how to do it. Always remember that cars are built on moving conveyors so they should be "relatively" simple to pull apart.

There is an instruction on the superb 2 forum to replace the twin door cable that is very comprehensive. I used it to fix my old car and i imagine the process will be the same on this model. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pdrisc said:

sorry i forgot that you mentioned that leak. Yes it sounds like the hose has worked loose. Looks like you need to remove the internal panels. There is probably some instructions somewhere on the web on how to do it. Always remember that cars are built on moving conveyors so they should be "relatively" simple to pull apart.

There is an instruction on the superb 2 forum to replace the twin door cable that is very comprehensive. I used it to fix my old car and i imagine the process will be the same on this model. 

Thank you - I'll see if I can find it :)