Saloon boot trim removal - can't get one piece off

I'm 99% sure I have the boot wiring loom issue as I'm getting warning lights about the reverse lights not working even though they both work when switched around (I've had the driver door loom go so am guessing it's the loom in the boot).

I'm getting stumped with one piece of the trim that I can't seem to figure out how to pop it off and don't want to wreck any plastic clasps by just tugging away. It's the piece highlight in red in the attached image. How do you get this piece off? I've tried pulling it downward and upward and outward, and I'm not getting any movement. I can't get the side piece off to get access to the loom without getting this piece off first.

From pulling up the cloth cover piece above the trim piece I can see all of that trim piece so I don't think I need to remove that cloth type cover to get the trim piece off, or do I?

Boot Trim Removal Red.jpg

Edited by RubyCubes

2 hours ago, Declan O'Shaughnessy said:

I used this guide when I needed to replace the short boot struts in my Superb a few years ago. Should tell you everything you need to know. Go slowly and be as gentle as you can basically (you can try channelling "Swiss Tony" in your mind at this point should you so wish).

Sound, thanks for the link!

Was it just clips at the red arrows keeping that piece in place? Was there anything securing it at the hole where the green arrow is?

So I need to get something in behind that trim piece to pry it forward?

Skoda Boot.jpg

Edited by RubyCubes

On 25/05/2021 at 10:27, Declan O'Shaughnessy said:

From what I remember, it was all just clips. If you get a pry tool in behind the trim, you'll start to feel where they are

Got it off easy enough once I got a tool into the trim, thanks again!