Clicking noise when switching between brake and accelerator

Hi,  I recently purchased a brand new Superb and have done less than 1k miles so far.   I recently noticed a small single "click" noise whenever I switch from the brake to accelerator (or vice versa). The click happens as soon as a I put pressure on the pedal, only one clik then does not happen again until I switch to the other pedal.    There is no click on the first time I hit accelerator from start up, only when car is already moving and I switch between the two pedals.      Tried testing at higher speeds when I slow down by taking foot off accelerator and then re-pressing it and no click so seems to be related to the switch from accelerator to brake.

I can't hear it if radio is on so it's not that loud but quite clear if radio off etc.   

I took it to the dealer who replicated the noise but couldn't find any cause.  I was most worried about a safety issue but they assured me its fine and they checked everything out.  He did say he's never heard this noise on a Skoda but was lost on finding reason.  He ended by advising that I see how it develops with more miles or seek a second opinion from another Skoda dealer.

Now I have heard the noise it is very irritating and still slightly worried it could be a sign of a bigger problem in the future.  Just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar?  Thanks

Edited by john999boy

15 minutes ago, CarlR0804 said:

seems to be related to the switch from accelerator to break.

Well, problem 1; your car has a "break". :-)

More seriously, I'm wondering if there is an issue with the pedal box, probably either the whole thing being loose or maybe the brake pedal pivot being loose.

10 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Well, problem 1; your car has a "break". :-)

More seriously, I'm wondering if there is an issue with the pedal box, probably either the whole thing being loose or maybe the brake pedal pivot being loose.

OMG how on earth did I use "Break"!  lol.   Is there a way to edit the post? Can't see option.  Not the 1st impression I wanted to make to the forum :-)

4 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Welcome to the forum.

?

Do you have a DSG?

If you put 'Auto hold' off do you get the same noise?

?

If you do not activate Hill Hold Assist do you get the same noise?

Thanks for the reply.   Yes I have a DSG.   I havent tried either of those things but will figure out how to do both, try and post back.  

Hill Hold Assist holds the car for 2 seconds from brake to accelerator if you push the brake pedal hard enough.

Look for the 'Autohold' button and you can have Autohold activated, or you can deactivate.  Then you have HHA to help keep the car from moving.

Edited by e-Roottoot

• john999boy changed the title to Clicking noise when switching between brake and accelerator
16 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Hill Hold Assist holds the car for 2 seconds from brake to accelerator if you push the brake pedal hard enough.

Look for the 'Autohold' button and you can have Autohold activated, or you can deactivate.  Then you have HHA to help keep the car from moving.

Hi, i just tried with both the auto hold button on and off. Got the same click noise with both. I can't see how to not activate the hill hold option though.  Is that simple?

• Like 1

You need to be on a slope for the HHA to activate.  Also not just touching the brake pedal it takes more of a push.  So you are probably not activating that.

When you have Autohold off then the car gets held without moving for a couple of seconds.

Sounds like not that being when you are getting the noise.

Edited by e-Roottoot

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

You need to be on a slope.   When you have Autohold off then the car gets held without moving for a couple of seconds.

Sounds like not that being when you are getting the noise.

Ah yeah,  the noise is just anytime im driving and switch between brake and accelerator while moving.  That is same whether on flat surface or up hill.

Wondering if like Ken suggested there could be something lose in pedal box.  Am sure the dealer checked that though but might ask again

• Like 1