New blower fan, no air coming out of vents

Hello,

I've recently diagnosed and replaced a failed blower fan on my 2008 Fabia 3 with Climatronic, but no air seems to be coming out of any vents unless it's set to Auto (where I assume all vents are open?). Having ECON on or off makes no difference.

I can hear the flaps moving when I select the different vent options, but none of them seem to direct the flow of air correctly. I've also got the flashing climatronic unit when the ignition is on which I assume means low pressure in the AC? I don't currently have access to VCDS to pull any codes.

TIA

Did they also regass? I think I seem to remember this needing doing when replacing a fan but that might have been the engine fan.

On 03/06/2021 at 12:34, snacr63 said:

Thanks. I'm not sure the Climatronic system on the 5J is quite the same as the Passat, as a lot of those options didn't work. I did however manage to pull code 4FA which relates to recirc flap motor and peform a reset/calibration which cleared the code.

All working as normal now.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I too have a Fabia 3 2008 (57 plate) where the blower has stopped. (NB The power windows on both front doors have also stopped?? Not sure if its related?)

All of the Climatronic screen LCD elements flash about 10 times after ignition on and then settles. I can hear the flaps moving but the blower does not run. I have checked all of the fuses and they appear okay and I have tried removing the battery earth for a few minutes to do the 'switchitoffandonagain' routine. 

No luck.

I found this thread and linked to https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/climatronic-diagnostic-mode-reference-guide.6935204/ . On my model if i pressed the ECON + Recirculate buttons the screen reported a large 00 on the right side and a smaller 4F9 on the left.

This suggests an issue with the fresh air blower which matches what I already know I guess?!!

I've got a replacement #100 relay that I will try to change (if I can work out how to get to it!) and if that fails see if my local garage will change the blower (i think that's a step too far for me!)

Other than this the car has been GREAT with one very notable exception - its in ORANGE (all over not with the white roof) and the paint is now terrible. The lacquer layer has peeled and flaked from both the bonnet and roof.

Still - it has done 150k in the 10 years Ive had it (176k in total) with no major issues and still returns great MPG for my daily commute. 'It's bulletproof' says my local independent garage who does my annual service and MOT

Ill try to remember to keep this thread up to date with any progress!

Regards - Woody.... (newbie! to this)

I bought my car in December and the fan failed after a week. Check if you are getting power to the 30A fuse with the ignition on (you can get to the top of the fuse with a multimeter. I found a handy earth on the door strap) and if so the relay is okay. The car sales fitted a new blower for me and said it was a pig of a job. Once fitted the flashing Climatronic display stopped flashing and now the system works great. May well be worth getting your garage to replace it for you.

• Like 1