Chest and muscle pain

I am fully aware this is an odd post. I am in a bit of desperation here - to a point Superb may need to go.

The story: For 1 week of owning the superb all was well. Driven it over 170 miles from dealer to where I live and felt very comfortable. Did few miles locally then went for 280 miles drive with few hours break in the middle. 

Nausea and chest pain started. Muscles around the chest and back painful. Got bit better. Week later same thing. 

Now even shorter drives give the symptoms. Tried my old Audi for few days and I was better 

Superb has electric heated seats with lumbar support.

Question: Has anyone here experienced anything similar or know of someone who did?

I thank you all in advance for any input!

UPDATE: It would seem the problem is with me. Part of my thoracic spine is not supported by the seat and I cannot find any position in which it would be. Thought I share in case someone will have similar issues.🙄

Edited by mszulc

Is your steering wheel pulled out as far towards you as it could be, or is your seat leaning too far back.... Resulting in your upper back being curved/strained and leaning forward..? 

13 hours ago, DB72 said:

Is your steering wheel pulled out as far towards you as it could be, or is your seat leaning too far back.... Resulting in your upper back being curved/strained and leaning forward..? 

Thank you for reply.

Yes I usually do it in every car as I'm 6.3. I have played with seat set up a lot and what you mentioned I have heard before so made sure not the case. It almost feels like seat contour is different than in Audi 🤔. Maybe I just can't have car with posh seats?😁 Had similar issues with BMW 1 series few years back and had to get rid of it in the end.

13 hours ago, paddywack1878 said:

nausea and chest pain....geesus ring a doctor man..

Hey Thank you advice. Been to doctors. Apparently torn pectoral muscles can cause this. Only thing is I can't think of anything that I've done recently do cause that. So either complete coincidence or Superb doesn't love me🤔

4 hours ago, mszulc said:

Hey Thank you advice. Been to doctors. Apparently torn pectoral muscles can cause this. Only thing is I can't think of anything that I've done recently do cause that. So either complete coincidence or Superb doesn't love me🤔

hope its the latter, cars are just a great big piece of metal and remember health is wealth:hi: 

• Like 1

I'm 6ft 4" and had some issues with my Superb II when I first bought it (2015)- turned out there was too much adjustment for once. For the first time in my driving career I actually pulled the seat forward 1 notch and adjusted the steering wheel so it was further away. Now perfik.

Re seats/driving position - everyone is different. 

Edited by bigjohn

4 hours ago, bigjohn said:

I'm 6ft 4" and had some issues with my Superb II when I first bought it (2015)- turned out there was too much adjustment for once. For the first time in my driving career I actually pulled the seat forward 1 notch and adjusted the steering wheel so it was further away. Now perfik.

Re seats/driving position - everyone is different. 

Thank you Mr. Will try and play with it more! Will report 😁

Is it worth thinking about the suspension?

How do you find the ride? Are you working harder to drive the car? Dipping and diving?

Just I came from JDM fast estates and found the Superb to be very willowy...change of dampers sorted that 

Are you susceptible to car sickness?

2 minutes ago, Roberto280 said:

Is it worth thinking about the suspension?

How do you find the ride? Are you working harder to drive the car? Dipping and diving?

Just I came from JDM fast estates and found the Superb to be very willowy...change of dampers sorted that 

Are you susceptible to car sickness?

Who knows. I agree if I compare it to my Audi A4 is more like a boat. I generally drive quite calmly and it seems it is actually less demanding to drive if that makes sense. Thank you -  I would have never thought about that. With car sickness I'm not sure. I guess it's possible. I'm worried I start playing with suspension and if it doesn't sort it then need to look for a different car. Was wondering if I shouldn't cut the loses and maybe go back to Audi? I hope this makes sense? How much are dampers, if you don't mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, mszulc said:

Who knows. I agree if I compare it to my Audi A4 is more like a boat. I generally drive quite calmly and it seems it is actually less demanding to drive if that makes sense. Thank you -  I would have never thought about that. With car sickness I'm not sure. I guess it's possible. I'm worried I start playing with suspension and if it doesn't sort it then need to look for a different car. Was wondering if I shouldn't cut the loses and maybe go back to Audi? I hope this makes sense? How much are dampers, if you don't mind me asking?

About £600 plus fitting for the Koni Special Active.

Normally driving doesn't cause car sickness, was just a thought if you are used to something significantly different.

Any chance you just did something either at home, garden or work that coincides with the change in car, maybe even changed a flat tyre and pulled something.. 

49 minutes ago, Roberto280 said:

About £600 plus fitting for the Koni Special Active.

Normally driving doesn't cause car sickness, was just a thought if you are used to something significantly different.

Any chance you just did something either at home, garden or work that coincides with the change in car, maybe even changed a flat tyre and pulled something.. 

All thoughts welcome! 

To answer latter question - yes it is likely I done that. My GP told me that it looks like torn pectoral muscles. Do on treatment but obviously once I felt better and driving Audi I decided to do some lifting. I just hope that's all it is. Never harm to ask especially here - the wealth of knowledge is overwhelming! Thank you again!

• Like 1