Car stalling, possible fuel pump issue?

I have a '03 vrs estate, recently I've had the car stall immediately after starting, with different fuel levels each time and it's happened a few times now. 

I've spoken to friends and had a poke around online and it's been suggested it could be the fuel pump going bad. I've tried changing the fuse just in case but nothing changes. 

Am I on the right track looking at the fuel pump, and if so, what's the most efficient way of testing it out? 

I've driven the car since with none of the issues but I'd rather replace the part if it is on the way out. 

I'd be thinking immobiliser if it dies straight after starting. Generally when a fuel pump dies, you cannot start it at all.

Get the car scanned for any faults and it might point you in the right direction