Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 2017 - Tyres + TPMS?

Hi, I have a 2017 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 1.0 DSG which I've owned since it was 8 months old. The factory tires are Bridgestone Potenza Sport 215/40 R17 (87V). The front are soon to need replacing, the back are ok for now. Do I have to replace the front tyres again with the exact brand or can I use a different matched pair on the front like from another premium brand like Dunlop, Goodyear or Pirelli? The dealer would fit the same ones again for about £125-£130 per wheel. 

What would be interesting to know is how does the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) work on the fabia mk3? is it the sensor within the ABS or is it them inside tire ones attached to the valves which send wireless RF signals?

Welcome to the forum.

The TPMS works from the ABS sensors, so you just gets tyres changed.

Please yourself with what you buy and fit as a pair.

Surely you would not have a Dealer fit tyres unless they were doing them cheaper than a Tyre & Exhaust Centre.

Many Dealerships take your car to a Tyre & Exhaust Centre to get new tyres on as they do not do them.

PS

Many 'Tyre' places say they will only fit the New Tyres to the rear. They move the rear wheels & tyres to the front.

I would avoid using those places, and not have the rears moved to the front as they can be well out of shape on a Fabia.

Edited by e-Roottoot

The tyres as fitted (Bridgestone Potenza Sport) are what it says on the tin, sporty summer tyres. (Potenza is the performance tyre, Turanza is Bridgestone’s summer touring tyre)

Not sure how you use your 1 litre Fabia, and these tyres are great for throwing the car around on warmer days on winding B roads.   But they are not comfort biased tyres, and neither are they all year tyres.

I am guessing @wilson-uk-85 has never swapped tyres front-back which is why you have worn the fronts, but backs are ok.   Not sure what tread depths are but ideally should be considering if you really want summer sporty tyres, rather than all seasons etc.  

Edited by SurreyJohn

12 hours ago, Aviii said:

Have a look at Kormoran UHP tires

Kormoran Tyres are owned/made by Michelin.

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Er "Kormoran" is German for "Cormorant". Odd name for a French company to use.

Stomil-Olsztyn company from Poland, Michelin became involved in 1995.

Thanks, AG Falco