Hello!

Jamesmaher63

Evening all,

I currently have a mk1 Fabia VRs and a Skoda Yeti SE L 2017 model. The yeti is going back to Skoda this week and we are picking up our new Karoq!

We went for the SE Drive 1.5 TSI (150 ps) which is a late 2020 model but has only been driven by one of the staff from Skoda. We had a really really good deal on the price as it was brought in as part of a ‘bulk buy’.

I have been looking at some wind deflectors in anticipation of picking the car up. We have Team Heko on the Fabia and Yeti which were always fairly cheap however they’re currently showing as £153.68 directly from the Team Heko website?!? Has anyone recently bought a set and if so where from please?

Thanks in advance!

James

• Love it! 1

Some importers have fallen foul of something or other to do with Brexit & import duties or something, I seem to remember when I was buying Heko's for my Citroen Relay camper....

But there are are Heko's for a Karoq advertised on the bay for sensible money......

On 15/06/2021 at 21:14, Jamesmaher63 said:

Evening all,

I currently have a mk1 Fabia VRs and a Skoda Yeti SE L 2017 model. The yeti is going back to Skoda this week and we are picking up our new Karoq!

We went for the SE Drive 1.5 TSI (150 ps) which is a late 2020 model but has only been driven by one of the staff from Skoda. We had a really really good deal on the price as it was brought in as part of a ‘bulk buy’.

I have been looking at some wind deflectors in anticipation of picking the car up. We have Team Heko on the Fabia and Yeti which were always fairly cheap however they’re currently showing as £153.68 directly from the Team Heko website?!? Has anyone recently bought a set and if so where from please?

Thanks in advance!

James

Brilliant, great car and much better than the Yeti it's replacing. As stated you can get wind deflectors much cheaper than the price you have seen. 

First quick Google search 

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/wind-deflectors/skoda/skoda-karoq/karoq-2017-onwards/products/3349620-38149/front-and-rear-heko-wind-deflectors-for-skoda-karoq-2017-onwards-5-door?loc=gb&gclid=CjwKCAjwzruGBhBAEiwAUqMR8KcQTxLvxjOOS4-W6OnJEBCLiRFVplXea5FkrBWSo6BKxjNkPnOmxRoC7DsQAvD_BwE

Edited by Tim1631
Link added

2 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Brilliant, great car and much better than the Yeti it's replacing. As stated you can get wind deflectors much cheaper than the price you have seen. 

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/wind-deflectors/skoda/skoda-karoq/karoq-2017-onwards/products/3349620-38149/front-and-rear-heko-wind-deflectors-for-skoda-karoq-2017-onwards-5-door?loc=gb&gclid=CjwKCAjwzruGBhBAEiwAUqMR8KcQTxLvxjOOS4-W6OnJEBCLiRFVplXea5FkrBWSo6BKxjNkPnOmxRoC7DsQAvD_BwE

Not showing so expensive on the Heko website? 

https://e-heko.com/en_GB/p/Wind-deflectors-SKODA-Karoq-5d-2017-rear-deflectors-included/6930

4 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Yeah we are really excited! We should

hopefully be picking it up mid week now.

We have only had the Yeti for about 8 months and was actually a bit disappointed with it. We had a few electrical issues (volume wheel wouldn’t always turn the volume up or down and the lock button often sticks on the centre console causing all four windows to drop). The car is a DSG and sometimes would stay stuck in second going down hill even when the revs were at like 5k rpm and found it really underpowered (1.2 tsi) and quite often averaged about 36 mpg around town and 40 mpg on motorways!!!

With regards to the wind deflectors, the product itself is cheap from the Heko website but the delivery was £114!! (Pic below). Although have found them on eBay for £37 with free delivery 😊

D1481CFC-9CCF-4BF6-8CD4-307A73EDEED8.png

Edited by Jamesmaher63
  • Like 1

So we have our new car! I am really impressed with it thus far, albeit feels slightly underpowered (not sure what I was expecting really!) - everything seems to be relating to eco so not sure if there’s options to change to sport mode etc? I definitely need to read through the manual!

I have noticed there is some slight kangarooing in first gear and in to second (which after reading reviews I understand is a known problem with the 1.5 TSI’s). The car is a 70 plate and was registered in Jan 2021 and has been driver by a staff member at Skoda so maybe the ‘fix’ hasn’t been implemented on it so will need to enquire.

Anyway here’s a few poor quality pics:

04338208-143A-4208-84AA-E36B099CC314.jpeg

7189C7B9-1397-483B-85B1-7ABB51694632.jpeg

19 hours ago, Jamesmaher63 said:

Apologies! Yeah the Karoq is a manual. I liked the DSG on the yeti for ease but I just found it wouldn’t change gear when I would if I was driving a manual. 

The great thing about the dsg is you can use it as a manual when the need arises, I did last night  as in auto it wanted to be in 4th but as I was stuck behind a couple of slow cars and a tractor I selected manual 2nd ready for a quick overtake, then back to auto for the rest of the drive

Even better with an earlier SeL. No need to even take your hands off the wheel just a couple of pulls on the left hand paddle drops two gears for the overtake then a longer pull on the right hand paddle puts it back in to auto. 

tom

1 hour ago, Sanqhar said:

Even better with an earlier SeL. No need to even take your hands off the wheel just a couple of pulls on the left hand paddle drops two gears for the overtake then a longer pull on the right hand paddle puts it back in to auto. 

tom

Yes the car I test drove had them and by the time I got mine the spec had changed,

On 30/06/2021 at 16:41, Jamesmaher63 said:

Apologies! Yeah the Karoq is a manual. I liked the DSG on the yeti for ease but I just found it wouldn’t change gear when I would if I was driving a manual. 

Perhaps you were in the wrong gear when driving a manual? I have been surprised how often it stays in a lower gear than I would use, but is probably better for engine

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies.

So after a few weeks of ownership I am really impressed with the car. Our Yeti was averaging about 37mpg (mixture of road types), however the Karoq is very close to 50mpg (same roads). It's a really comfortable ride and very quiet, especially coming from my Mk1 Fabia. The car has a lot of room, especially with a pram in the boot!

My Father in law is a mechanic for a Skoda dealership who has the same car on order. He confirmed that the Kangarooing is a well known issue and hopefully can soon be fixed. Apparantly there was a 'fix' last year but not that successful. I find it's not too noticable unless in bumper to bumper traffic, which then becomes a nightmare. I have seen there's a current post about this issue so will keep an eye out on that post.

One critcism is that I really dislike the current wheels on it. Does anyone know the name of these? Personally i think they look far too small for the car and not a fan of the 'two tone' colour. I will probably eventually change these.