good BF learning to take care of GF's new-to-us 2008 Roomster 3 1.6 for weekend climbing trips

adras13

Hi all!

The lady and I are now driving a Skoda Roomster 3 1.6 2008, the shiny sky blue with the pano roof.

She uses it to get to work (actress, studios around London), and we use it every weekend as our weekend warrior vehicle.

We remove the back seats, put our bouldering pad back there, push the seats forward, and suddelly we have a double bed in the back with a nice little grocery shelf.

It's got a few little things I want to sort out which I've been using this forum to diagnose (spark plugs, engine air filter, cabin filter, window grease, ABS light). So, I'm hoping to go from someone who knows how to jump a car and change a tire, but little else, to someone who can do some of the basic maintenance work so as to save $ taking it to a mechanic. Figure, I'm 30 now, I should probably be able to do some of this.

Looking forward to learning!

Cheers,
Jared

• Like 1

23 hours ago, adras13 said:

someone who can do some of the basic maintenance

I don't know about SW Larndarn, but it is/was possible to find secondary schools and/or FE colleges in most of the UK that ran car maintenance evening classes.