Gear change judder?

Hi guys, New to the forum. Picked up a 2017 Skoda fabia 1l and I've found going from 1st to 2nd and even 2nd to 3rd the car can sometimes judder, However it does not do it in 4th and 5th. Is this a gearbox issue or am I just terrible at changing gears? My old car never did this and it was sitting pretty at 137k miles. This skoda has 46k

Any ideas would be great.

I guess this is a manual gearbox? It sounds like a clutch issue. As you go up in ratios, the worn or warped clutch judders less because the ratios are much higher.

At 46k, I guess the previous owner used the clutch as a foot rest! Take it back to the garage and ask for it to be repaired or reject the car.

If you truly are terrible at changing gears, get a Fabia with a DSG automatic. You'll love it so much, you'll never use a manual again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TerFar said:

I guess this is a manual gearbox? It sounds like a clutch issue. As you go up in ratios, the worn or warped clutch judders less because the ratios are much higher.

At 46k, I guess the previous owner used the clutch as a foot rest! Take it back to the garage and ask for it to be repaired or reject the car.

If you truly are terrible at changing gears, get a Fabia with a DSG automatic. You'll love it so much, you'll never use a manual again.

Thanks for the information, I have a rough idle too and when I depress the clutch it goes away. So like you said, it sounds like the clutch is stuffed. I called my dealer today and they never got back to me, Imma call the finance company tomorrow and tell them the car has issues and take it from there.