Yeti 2016 1.2 TSI - is water pump change required at same time as cam belt?

blegton

Hi,

My Yeti 2016 1.2 TSI (CYVB engine type) is due its 5-year service, and the Skoda dealer is recommending a cam belt change. Though mileage is low (28K) I'd rather have it done than take the risk - especially as I had nasty timing belt issues with my older Yeti - the 1.8 TSI 4x4 -  and 'once bitten twice shy' as they say...

I asked the dealer if they would change the water pump at the same time (as recommended with my previous Yeti) but they said it's not required with these later models - it's a quite separate element / job. I just wanted to check their info is correct, and it doesn't need doing at the same time?

I've done my best to search this and other forums without quite finding a clear answer relating to this model.

Many thanks

As above - cam belt at 5 years; water pump if/when it fails. 

The water pump should last the life of the car but a few are failing prematurely.

Mine failed at 15.000 miles and four years (a gradually increasing leak of coolant past the seals).

• Like 2