Has anyone?

There was someone on the VRSOC on facebook who had ordered one but is obviously waiting for delivery. I'm not going near a mk4 for a fair few reasons that are obvious (and some that are unique to me) but if anything has made me think twice its that colour. I'd love to have that colour!!

I'm so divided about the Mk4.

One part of me wants one. The other part is screaming at me telling me not to touch one with the proverbial barge pole, due to the pure number of issues regarding reliability and such like with them.

@TheWanderer I know how annoyed and disappointed you were at your Mk3 when it kept throwing electrical fits. I had a long standing issue with mine and its fuel pump that skoda refuses to fix on 2 occasions and took 12 months to sort.

For me I made a new rule of not buying a new model of a car ever again after my experience with a Seat Leon that was a bag of problems. I had one of the first of the new shape, dad had one of the last and there was a big difference in reliability and even form and fit.

Driving my mk3 last night on some rough roads to a local lake and I can hear the B pillar rattle and I'm being drowned out by the road noise from the tyres and thinking why do I spend the money I do on something that has such big compromises. The mk4 would have to be a night and day improvement with cabin noise for me and the stories about auto braking etc need to stop before I'll even consider paying that sort of money for the quality that comes.

The flip side is the nearest dealer to me is literally in another country since my local one went bust and the nearest one after that are useless liars. If I bought a car with constant issues I'd be having to take time off work and travel a round trip of about 150 miles just to get it looked at. 

Not really viable for me, but back on topic that colour is the best colour the VRS has ever seen. A close second to skodas best colour which was the dragon yellow on the Superb!