Kamiq 1.5 TSI (manual) noise from clutch pedal

mihail_m

Hi everyone,

I am reaching out to you as my issue with my Kamiq’s clutch pedal has gone unresolved after being checked by local Skoda dealership, so I was curious if any of you here encountered the same issue.

As shown in the attached video, the problem is basically a noise coming from the clutch pedal when pressing/raising it. It gets a little bit loud after driving at least half an hour and even more noticable when the engine is off. (while it does not affect the driving experience whatsoever)

I noticed this issue since the first few weeks after I bought the car, then I asked my Skoda dealer about it. They checked and replaced the clutch pedal cylinder but the noise is still there. They assured me that after all, it is not a cause of concern and it is something normal for all 1.5 Kamiqs with manual gearbox.

Please let me know if you consider this being something normal or if yours sounds like this too, as my car has a total of only ~6k KMs mileage and I am pretty concerned.

Thanks in advance!

Barely audible and if you have to switch off the engine for it to be "more noticeable" I think you are being unreasonable, all mechanical interactions create both noise and heat, the rubber of your shoe against the pedal rubber will create some noise as will a creaking knee joint :D

The pedal assemby has a very powerfull spring acting against a cam which gives a control loading and acts at both the bottom and the top of the pedal travel, the rubbing components are plastic and that is no doubt the sound that you are hearing which is for me barely audible on the video, I do however have age related hearing loss at higher frequencies so it may sound quieter to me.

• Thanks 1

I would not consider myself unreasonable but maybe afraid of something not being greased inside with potential of damaging the entire assembly on long term.

In my opinion, it would have been ideal for this sound not be there in the first place as the car is brand new but sounds like a pretty old one when using its clutch, especially with low music volume inside.

The dealer said that this is the sound made by all Kamiqs with 1.5 petrol engine with manual transmission, and while they couldn't find any other example in their dealership, I found a friend who bought the 1.0 l petrol manual and the sound is not there for him.

I also owned two Octavias before, one diesel & one petrol, none of them had this issue with much more kilometers onboard.

Will check further when I will go to make its 1st inspection, maybe vaseline will sort things out for a while.