A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!

Awesam

Spec:

2015 L&K MK3 Superb 280 AWD

Mods List:

Engine

Littco L500

Revo CAI

Revo Throttle and discharge pipes

Revo Turbo Muffler

Snow Performance Stage 1 WMI

Wagner Intercooler

Trackslag 4" Decat downpipe - awaiting delivery

Autotech HPFP

Bosch 4 Bar MAP Sensor

NGK R7438-9 Sparkplugs - Not needed, stick to stock or RS3 ones.

Latest revision coilpacks - Standard ones are fine

Chassis & Brakes

B16 DTC Coilovers

Tarox Super Sport BBK

Whiteline Front & Rear ARBs

Whiteline Lower control arms and bushes

Tuning

Initially I wanted to go to MRC for the tuning, however they didnt want to tune it because of the Littco L500 - I had a Revo Intercooler and they recommended to go for Wagner so I sold the Revo,  In hindsight i should have kept and saved a bit of money as it would have be good enough.

So I've decided to go Bevo Tuning in Cornwall based on recommendations and reviews, was going to go for Unicorn driving the car there without a basemap would be risky the other options is to get the car transported there once all the mods have been fitted.

I found a local Bevo agent to come over and put a basemap so I may drive down to Bevo and get it tuned by Simon.

I need to sort out a custom exhaust prior to then.  

The car has done 69,000 miles and the waterpump/thermostat housing started leaking a few weeks prior to any mods being fitted.   

Edited by Awesam

Very nice - watching this with interest! Are you going to keep it looking standard from the outside or are you going to make it look more aggressive?

My 2016 L&K is staying standard (I have another car to modify) - but great to see what you're doing B)

P.S. Are you going to be upgrading the Infotainment? You can upgrade to the 2017+ MIB 2.5 system (with the larger screen) fairly easily (see my build log for more info)

Edited by ChrisCh
added reference to infotainment

On 16/07/2021 at 14:30, ChrisCh said:

Very nice - watching this with interest! Are you going to keep it looking standard from the outside or are you going to make it look more aggressive?

My 2016 L&K is staying standard (I have another car to modify) - but great to see what you're doing B)

P.S. Are you going to be upgrading the Infotainment? You can upgrade to the 2017+ MIB 2.5 system (with the larger screen) fairly easily (see my build log for more info)

How much to source the parts?

DId you get Pab567 to update it?

Yeah debating if the exterior should modified would love some rims however the mechanics is keen tokeep to standard looking outside!

Rear has been raised!  What do you guys think?

Edited by Awesam

Yes I message pab and with brexit it is a pain to send it to him.  He needs a performa invoice from me to class as it a repair!

I'll see how i get on over the weekend to see if it needs raising. 

Had a great run up to Glasgow apart from the roadworks which drained so energy out of me by the time got here.

Truly impressed with the setup can wait to take on some B roads in Sports mode.

I would appreciate some advice on an cat back exhaust as I don't want it o be loud or droning! Initial thoughts are to go for a custom however reading a threads saying that it was a mistake!

I've gone for a 4" Trackslag decat downpipe.

Looking good! 

If I being honest I wasn't feeling the car when I bought it! Now that it's lowered it's starting to look sexy! 🤣

Definitely digging the lower aggressive stance. 

Edited by Awesam
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Update:

Custom exhaust - done!

Windows tinted - done!

September's plan:

Installation of parts - between 3rd - 7th September

Base map - 8th September - Decided to go with Bevo Tuning who are based in Cornwall so about a 4hours for me, so need a basemap from their local agent to get down there safely.

Stage 3/Performance tune - 10th September - Somewhere in Cornwall! lol   

Other tuner of choice was Devil Developments however the cant fit me in until the 22nd September and I'm tired of waiting to get it done now, just want to enjoy the last few weeks of summer once its done.  

It was but I wanted it to be darker!

No new photos at the moment, dropping it off on Friday for the all the mods to be fitted then getting the remap on Friday 10th September!  

I'll take some soon.

On the plus note, I've installed sound deadening in the back, a APR Boost Tap and completed the wiring needed for the meth kit! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

So was meant to having the Stage 3 tune done today, unfortuanately I got an email from the tuner yesterday afternoon saying that he needs to self isolate as his daughter is covid positive!  Was frustrated yesterday as i had emailed in the morning asking if it was still on! sods law.

Now rebooked in for the 18th!

All parts/mod have now been fitted so will try to avoid driving the if possible.  Installed the meth kit, wiring it took me 2 days as it was my first time doing this type of thing. Routing the wires wasnt too bad once i sussed which route to take!  

The mechanic did the plumbing for the meth pipe underneath the car and without telling drill a hole in the well as he said he did have enough pipe to go the pump!

Also installed some 10mm spacers in and raised the ride height as on some speed bumps the exhaust scraped.

Edited by Awesam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisCh said:

That's the most unsuspecting car for meth injection! 😄

How's the sound deadening working out for you? Does it make it noticeably quieter, or muffle the sound of the new custom exhaust?

:biggrin: 

Sound deadening made a big difference to the road/tyre noise, definitely recommend it!  I bought a bulk pack of 40 sheets have about half of it left - that was after covering the whole boot floor and under the rear seats.  I have just bought some 4mm foam to put on top of it to reduce it further.

As I kept the stock backboxes there virtually no additional noise.  The only sound comes from the decat once you floor it and even then its pleasant!  

Edited by Awesam
additional information
  • Like 2

Final result are not great!  its a safe tune!  What I was the intake temp was c 50 degree and the Dyno cell was mid 30 degrees.

Test005 is all mods without the 4 bar MAP/PUT sensor, Test006 is with Meth!  However the car does pull like a train however ive been told that a car with a standard IS38 with a good stg2 tune would be faster!

Seems like there aren't many tuners who can achieve a good tune with the Superb!

So as I can tell depending on the turbo of course its, Ecotune, JBS (Chesterfield) and MRC.

Im going to get some additional dyno runs and a smoke test done to under why it couldnt be tune its potential!

Edited by Awesam
Added additional comment
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisCh said:

Wow, that's a healthy increase in power!

it is however the turbo is capable of more!  So deciding whether or not to take it to another tuner to reach its potential!

Ideally would have like to see at least 470bhp.

Taking it today for some extra dyno runs and a smoke test to see why the original tuner didn't push it even though the part installed were more than capable.

Edited by Awesam

• 3 weeks later...

yeap went over some raised iron works at a roundabout where they are doing some roadworks.

Just positioned the car incorrectly and wasnt expectating to get caught.  I'm hoping there is no damage to the turbo as i managed to get home.  It was the flex of the downpipe which saved it all from complete annihilation! 

It's complete rebuild from the turbo back!  DKU are going salvage as much as possible however its not going to be much and do as much as they can to trim the cost.  Can't ask fairer than that!

Edited by Awesam
Spelling and Grammar
  • Crying 1