Both dipped beam headlamps faulty

2014 petrol tsi.

Had a service today and the garage reported that both low beam headlamps are not working. Because of lack of time, all they were able to do to attempt diagnosis was to swap out both bulbs, which had no effect. When I got the car home, I could find no other electrical problem with lights or other components. As I understand the rather confusing owners manual, there are separate fuses for left and right headlamps. 

There is a similar problem reported on a Fabia back in 2011 where the cause was found to be a loose connection to a relay next to the fuse box: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/221174-dipped-headlights-not-working-help/

I don't drive at night requiring lights very much in the summer, so the fault may have been there for a while. There are no other drivers, and no accidental damage to the car.

The car is back in the garage next week for diagnosis.

If anyone has had a similar problem and fixed it I would be grateful to know.

10 hours ago, moleinaroomster said:

Had a service today and the garage reported that both low beam headlamps are not working.

It could be the headlamp stalk. Particularly if the dip works when first switched on, but dies the first time you switch back from main to dip.