Forgetful Satnav

My new Octavia iV is a fantastic car with one annoying problem - when I turn the engine off the satnav forgets all favourites and history.  For example I set my home and work addresses but once the ignition is turned off it forgets the addresses and says home and work are ‘not set’.  I’ve taken the car to the dealers and they don’t have a clue. Anyone else had this problem?

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pepper said:

Yep mine does this among many other infotainment fails. Let me guess, the dealer pretended they'd never seen it before haha. Joke

Have you Bolero or Columbus?

Yep, the dealer said they couldn’t replicate the fault but of course it happened again as soon as I got the car home.  It’s a Columbus system in an SE Technology spec car. I guess the fault is here to stay.

On 17/07/2021 at 18:16, Delli said:

Have you Bolero or Columbus?

I don't know I'm afraid. VRS built Dec 2020. It's done this from the start and NEVER remembers the last destinations, but I haven't had the energy to moan about it to the dealer yet.

On 17/07/2021 at 12:43, Gibbo123 said:

My new Octavia iV is a fantastic car with one annoying problem - when I turn the engine off the satnav forgets all favourites and history.  For example I set my home and work addresses but once the ignition is turned off it forgets the addresses and says home and work are ‘not set’.  I’ve taken the car to the dealers and they don’t have a clue. Anyone else had this problem?

Yes. We collected the car on May 11th and It went in to the dealer for a software update on June 17th. Prior to that we couldn't save favourites but it saved recent destinations. After the 'fix', five days later favourites and recent destinations disappeared. I've contacted Skoda UK and have a named contact who occasionally calls, but no new update is as yet available.