Engine swap/conversion advice 84 estelle.

Skodead

So I've seen a few topics in regards to engine swaps and conversions with the estelle, but have a question of my own and that is the Kent crossflow 711m swap.. The reason is the crankshaft spigot bearing groove is present on the 711m engine. So am wondering if anyone has done this or looked into this swap/conversion and what to consider or take into account at all. Any info or constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Aside from all ally engines you would be hard pressed to find a lighter engine than the Kent for the power that it can produce.

The same goes for the 2000e gearbox and English axle differential.

42 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I wouldn't advise putting a Kent boat anchor in the back of an Estelle

the weight is something I've thought about with, it's more for the easy sourcing of parts and upgrades available and lack of electric's involved, the estelle engine is super lightweight for what it is but its just so limited on sourcing parts and I've not really seen many upgrades for them other the standard route of reporting the head, air filter upgrade exhaust and camshaft swaps and ignition upgrade ect... 

1 hour ago, Skodead said:

the weight is something I've thought about

OK. More usual transplants involve Alfa Romeo Alfasud/33 or Subaru boxer motors which do weigh more but have a lower centre of gravity.

Yeah I've seen few subaru swaps mentioned but again it's an electrical route I'm not to brave enough to take, the mechanical side if things ect ill happily dive into but as soon as we have ecu's and coded parts and a million wires I get abit out of my comfort zone with it all 😂 I appreciate where your coming from though I'm just not that brave myself