Finally a test drive.

I waited for a long while now to test drive a vRS, and today, i found one at ballards lane's Skoda. Test drove a 7 mile old black magic car with a sunroof. Love the interior, but... i've been looking at pictures for a long time, which gave me a head start.

We drove to a gas station to fill up,

I've been a member of a few car sites, and ill say it again... its really welcoming here! So, i guess after tomorrow, im part of the fabia family?

I agree, best decision i've made! :)

I waited for a long while now to test drive a vRS, and today, i found one at ballards lane's Skoda. Test drove a 7 mile old black magic car with a sunroof. Love the interior, but... i've been looking at pictures for a long time, which gave me a head start.

We drove to a gas station to fill up,

Did the same about this time last year, with identical results. Now I don't have to worry what to do with all that money any more and every trip off the drive is still as good as 12 months ago.

Fortunately I get to drive a few hire cars long distance so can reference just how much better it is to drive than just about every other mainstream everyday set of wheels. The trick is not to compare it with too many exotic bits of machinery which its not designed to match.

£12,300 .. but im trading in my old car, which by the glass guide, was worth £2,400. With a bit of haggling from me.. and my middle aged keen Irish mum... the gent at skoda, gave a deal at taking in my old car for £3,400. Very happy.. to be honest :)

not a bad price for tradein, luckily just sold my mx5 privately which is a bit of advantage for haggling. the dealer was such a nice calm down to earth bloke I felt really guilty for pushing the price. but its a buyers market at the moment and a sales a sale.:)

I've been looking to change my car recently and have had a couple of test drives. I drove a Golf GT Tdi 2.0 yesterday and finally decided to test drive a Vrs this morning.

Both cars were impressive but I have to say the Skoda seems to win on several levels. What a hooligan of a car....I've had a few what I think of as quick cars in my time from a 16v Golf MkII to a new Impreza Turbo that I imported a few years ago and a few other hot hatches. OK it's not in the Impreza performance league exactly but taken as a package performance/price/mpg etc I have to say I am really impressed with the Fabia. All I have to do now is convince my wife about the fact that it doesn't have a VW or Audi badge on it.

What a brilliant car! What other prices have people been quoted?

I've just ordered a Black Magic Fabia VRS as well from a local dealer taking 10 days to arrive! Just curious, I dont know how good a deal I got as I kept on haggling till

^ good price from a dealer' date=' IMHO.

Did you have a trade in?[/quote']

:rofl:

Yes! I gave them an f (1989) reg volvo 360 with approx 130,000 miles on the clock, no road tax, and considerable accident damage on the passenger side (the insurance company gave me