Replacing my air con compressor

Hi everyone

New guy here with a Octavia Ambience 1.9 tdi; current mileage 

502,000..still returning 65 mpg on a steady run.

I am trying to find a replacement air con compressor as mine has died. Am I right in thinking that as long as I match up all the codes and the model number (1233) it will be compatible even if it is off a petrol engine? 🤔

Many thanks in advance..

20210704_052705.jpg

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for butting in, but you do know the procedure when replacing a compressor, you always need to measure out the oil that can be drained from the original compressor, then in your case, empty out the oil in the one you have bought, and refill with the quantity of oil that was removed from the original one, maybe even 10ml more to account for oil losses over the past few years, definitely replace the drier insert and lubricate all new seals with recovered system oil.

I could be wrong, but while all the models of a certain car will use the same compressor, some will need a different fame type to enable fitting to the engine block or even to brackets in some cases, though same VW Group part number means you have the same item.

Remember not to discharge the fridge gas charge to atmosphere, get it recovered.