Error message!!!!

Bit of a strange one here guys!!! I keep getting an  error message when in driving,"workshop error place vehicle in P. Yes its a VRS 2016 TFSI DSG,and about 2 weeks ago i came to a stop at a roundabout engine stopped as is normal,went to drive off and it said start engine manually!!! Started fine but as i drove away it seemed it would only change a couple if gears,i usually run in vrs mode so i stopped and switched into normal mode and it drove ok,but still keep getting this error message????

Take a look at this discussion here, it should answer your question. I had the same issue. The fix is an additional switch assembly fitted to the DSG selector which can be seen here. Apologies its in Russian.

I believe that some people had their DSG selector box replaced under warranty, only for the fault to return some months later. I replaced the switch over 18 months ago and have not had the fault return.

Edited by Extreme3d
  • Like 2