Bluetooth mic plug problem

I've been upgrading the audio unit in my 2012 Octavia from a Bolero to an Amundsen 315 with DAB. 

A couple of the things I've learned

1. There are some odd pesky screws hidden here and there, particularly

2. two in the interior light fitting which need to be removed so you can install the Bluetooth mic, and

3. one inside the side pillar trim under the airbag logo, which you need to remove to run the wires for both the mic and the Dab aerial. 

The problem I've now encountered is the green rectangular plug on the end of the Bluetooth mic cable, doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the big square block that accommodates the other wires. 

There is a blue plug which I think is the connection for the aux 3.5 socket in the centre arm rest, but that's different too. Am I doing anything wrong or is it the wrong plug I've been sent? Pictures of both plugs and the plug holder attached. 

F9F116E7-C6AE-4B4B-B174-EC7818E8A955.jpeg

5C3D1C64-AACA-41E5-A58E-18B23CEC1C76.jpeg

your issue is that VAG changed the design of the quadlock around 2010

the green and blue plugs are different between versions. the Green plug is the older version and the and the blue one is the newer one/

simple solution is to remove the black part of the green plug and push it into the slot where it goes. Push the blue one in first so you don't mix them up.

or if you wish to do it properly order the newer green plug and swop the terminals over

1 hour ago, Eddie-NL said:

order the newer green plug and swop the terminals over

Hi Eddie, could you point me in the right direction to source the correct plug? Every one I’ve found seems to match the one I already have. 

just to be clear, you’re saying I have the new quad lock connector on the car but the old connection on the mic? 

thanks for your help and knowledge. 

Mark

7 hours ago, Wondermouse said:

Quoted £8 from my local dealer! Ouch!

I think I'll try removing the outer green bit and see if that works!

is that the London price?

try a different dealer (any VAG Brand)

i ordered one about 6 months ago and it was under £2

Tried 3 dealers now, Skoda and VW, and all are around the same price. I wonder if this is another Brexit bonus? 

I've ordered a couple via Ali express, one with cable attached and one with just pins. They'll take a couple of weeks to arrive but way cheaper!

Now I just have to find a way to extract the pins from the existing plug. I seem to remember doing this in the past utilising a large safety pin to help with the removal.