Smartlink

Hello, a pleasure to introduce myself, my name is David and I write from Spain. I have a problem with the Smartlink of my Fabia 1.0 Ambition (Bolero). And is that when I click on the Smartlink option, the system is "thinking" and cannot move forward, so it does not connect to my device. I have tried a system reset, but I can't get it to work. Any idea or solution? Thanks.

Not my specialty, and I may have misunderstood the problem, but I suspect your "infotainment" is stuck because no phone is connected via USB.

Attached are a couple of likely pages from a 2018 Fabia owners guide - both apple and android start with

Connection set-up
Switch on the ignition.
Switch on the Infotainment system.
Switch on the external device.
Connect the external device to the USB input using a cable »

android auto.png

apple carplay.png

Bad news - your unit is 5Q0035819C, such units do not support SmartLink (although you might have such icon available in touch screen menu).

image.thumb.png.22e6c56670c93dd6db8b35a842c4ac6b.png

Checking PQ codes of your car just confirms it:

image.png.fee45eea6703a0c571729bb8dd8c6df3.png

To get SMartLink active you must have glove box unit replaced :(

Oh ****!

thanks for the reply anyway. I can't understand why the icon to access the menu is there, if that's not possible, but at least I already know that I don't have to keep trying. Thanks!

Make sure you use the original USB cable! As I had a problem with mine.