VRS iV seems to have a mind of it's own

Niamh

Frequently soon after starting a message Changing Vehicle Settings "OK" "Cancel" pops up and if one doesn't cancel things like how music is played change and we start at the beginning of Abba's Greatest Hits again.

How do we stop the car changing setting of it's own accord?

My car done that for most of this year , then stopped doing it. No idea why even after 1803 installed it did this. As said in July it stopped doing it.

BTW i spoke today with an owner of a 70 plate Dec 20 build of a VW Golf GTI. He said he has not has one problem with his software. Hmmm

16 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

My car done that for most of this year , then stopped doing it. No idea why even after 1803 installed it did this. As said in July it stopped doing it.

BTW i spoke today with an owner of a 70 plate Dec 20 build of a VW Golf GTI. He said he has not has one problem with his software. Hmmm

How do I get the version number?

Goto settings , sys info , you will see the hardware code ending in a letter , mine being D. There are older hardware versions , i think B and C. These units i believe have more problems

On that page it tells you of your S/W version

6 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Goto settings , sys info , you will see the hardware code ending in a letter , mine being D. There are older hardware versions , i think B and C. These units i believe have more problems

On that page it tells you of your S/W version

Ours starts with a letter

IMG_0628.JPG

Mine doesn’t have a letter at the end of the device part number. Have had so many issues, latest updates applied by dealer last week (although the software version still seems to be some way behind what others have), still got issues. Next up is a letter to the lease company to complain about the car to see what they will do about it.

E444597F-A67C-484D-90B7-55AD3110FB7A.jpeg

Just now, Greezy56 said:

How the hell can the unit be unknown. Its a software issue number. By the looks your is well out of date. What variant is she and when built?

I’m sure that detail was populated before it went in for the update. It’s a 1.5tsi se tech estate I think made august or September 2020.

Doesnt look like they updated anything , potentially your car with 1668 S/W its as updated as it can be and your head unit may be a B or C unit. I read in other threads that the C units or the before D units were only updated to a certain S/W version. 

How long have you had the car and have you reported the various faults to the dealer?

2 minutes ago, Greezy56 said:

Doesnt look like they updated anything , potentially your car with 1668 S/W its as updated as it can be and your head unit may be a B or C unit. I read in other threads that the C units or the before D units were only updated to a certain S/W version. 

How long have you had the car and have you reported the various faults to the dealer?

Yep has been in 3 times now for a long list of software issues, have had the car since new in October 2020. This was their last chance to sort before I contact the lease company (fortunately it’s Skoda Lease / VWFS rather than an independent) to ask them to get involved. I suspect you are right and the software is as up to date as the hardware allows, so only changing the hardware will resolve the issues. To be honest though I’m happy it’s a lease car and only on a 24 month lease so I can give it back in just over 12 months. If I owned the car I’d be a lot more upset about it.

Why pay your own money to be their software beta tester. You have gave them more chances to resolve than they deserve.  Aye get it rejected or say you will swap for a newer built car. My car doesnt have many probs now , only sat nav memory. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Why pay your own money to be their software beta tester. You have gave them more chances to resolve than they deserve.  Aye get it rejected or say you will swap for a newer built car. My car doesnt have many probs now , only sat nav memory. 

The same problems as ours?