Sat Nav

Bill65

Bought a new Kamiq SEL in Sept 2020. Due to Covid and other factors I havent been driving much and havent used the Sat Nav till this week when I didnt find it user friendly.

When travelling to an unfimiliar destination it sent me a very circuitous route both there and back. Can anyone tell me wether I have missed a dealers upgrade or give any tips for easy usage.

First off, updates don't come via the dealer, they arrive over the air waves courtesy of the embedded e sim in the car. They are available twice a year and you have to be signed up to Skoda Connect to receive them. This is payable after the first free year.

Like you I haven't had a chance to use the sat nav much as I've only just bought the car, but I doubt a map update would make the system much more user friendly. If it's giving you the runaround, it's more likely to be that you haven't exercised your options in the sat nav menu.

It took me a while to get used to the Satnav, and what is a bit irritating is the mispronunciation.   Lane is Layin,  Way is Way-e and Road is wierdly Road-good.   Does anyone else find this?