Karoq 2.0 Sportline or Octavia vRS estate?

mjb500

Hi all, current Superb Estate driver looking to switch vehicles in Feb so need to put an order in soon... Having been initially attracted to the Kodiaq, price considerations dropped me down to the Karoq. I wanted to have something with a bit of fun as well as being practical (3 and 8 year olds need ferrying around!), so the 2.0 DSG Sportline really appealed.

However, now comparing prices, an Octavia vRS estate, with the pano sunroof as an extra, is more or less the same price. It has a bigger boot so probably wouldn't need a roof box either...

Anyone else faced/facing the same decision?

Welcome.   People are getting delivery dates of March for some vehicles.  You are going to have to be quick to find cars that are going to be built and available or are in the UK.  Dealers need to be honest if they really do not know what they can get by when.  Or if there if there is no way of knowing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation and currently have a VRS estate.  Just come to the end of it's lease so have currently bought it due to the chip issue. Options of keeping it, looking out for nearly new PCP where someone else has paid for the depreciation, or a new contract hire with spec I want,  DCC, towbar, sunroof  ( but 6 mths waiting list ) .

this is my second VRS as it;s very hard to beat as an overall package.  Not too big round town and parking, but more space than pretty much anything other than a Superb.  Looking for a change and fancy the Superb Sportline, but wife thinks too big as it mostly just does the school run.

Some very nice karoq Sportlines up at Henrys in Glasgow. tempted to go for a test drive, but even looking through the windows, less room in the back, boot will be smaller.  gets closer if have the variable seats where can slide them forward, but then less leg room.

For internal space, external size, price, pace...I just keep coming back to the VRS estate...although just fancy a change.

I drove a Peugeot 508 a few weeks back.  very nice, and can be had nearly new for sensible PCP prices . It was the 180 bhp though and noticeably much slower than the VRS . they do do a 240 bhp ish thought 

Arteon looks great, but it;s even longer than a Superb,  190 bhp petrol so might not be great fully loaded